Hello travelers, and welcome to The Truth About Monsters. We are a Dragon Age: Inquisition forum with a minimum word count of 250 words. We know the outcome of this tragic story, but it's up to you how we get there and what choices are made along the way. So come sit by the fire, rest a while, but beware; here there be monsters.
1 April Happy Easter everyone! To celebrate we have a mini event going called The Grand Tourney. Check it out: Here!
NEED TO KNOW
CANON LIST
WANT ADS
Q & A
MEMBER DIRECTORY
SITE LORE
TUMBLR
SITE CREDITS

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

The Corner of My Eye, tag Zanthe
Somniari Mien'harel
 Posted: Jan 11 2018, 02:41 AM
Somniari Mien'harel
24 YEARS OLD
She/Her
Mage
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Spirit Healer
Librarian
Momo
She/Her - MST

1 Justinian, 9:41

It was rare that Somniari attempted to speak to the Spirit outside of the Fade. While she understood that it had come to hide itself within plain sight and often followed her, she found herself lacking any desire to confront the being. She understood that it wished to help her and part of her hoped that it could. It had never been outside of her knowledge that there were things wrong with her, things that made her different from the average person. The only problem was that she had never had any idea how to correct such problems. They had become too imbedded, now more habit than anything else.

Someone offering her a hand was rare and she was disinclined to tell the Spirit to go away. Yet, habit still stuck. The Spirit might have been trying to help, but Somniari was a broken reflection of who she had once been. Helping would be hard, but then she supposed that was why it had bothered to move beyond its place within the Fade.

Today was a bit different. The Spirit had bothered to seek her out. As opposed to the norm, it stood out for once, the occasional gaze drifting its way. She could not quite describe what the Spirit felt. She had long ago learned that Spirits were a bit different than other beings. They thought and felt differently. Their mannerisms could be quite simple and, in some ways, it was what she found quite comforting about them. They were less...cluttered than people.

Yet, the Spirit seemed a bit cluttered today. It wanted to tell her something, but the words that it spun were vague and without a clear explanation. All she could really understand was that the Spirit thought she should be careful.

It felt just a touch repetitive to be reminded of this. Was she not always careful? She opened her mouth to reply, only to pause as the strangest feeling that she was being watched came to her. Her gaze drifted just slightly, stopping on an individual who appeared somewhat out of place and was definitely paying attention.

Immediately, Somniari tensed. What was going on?

Mage Speak Think Colour
@Mimsy
PM
Zanthe Stark
 Posted: Jan 26 2018, 02:25 PM
Zanthe Stark
Ageless YEARS OLD
She/Her/It
Mage
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Shapeshifter
Lieutenant
Orchid
She/Her - EST

What demon would be moronic enough to stay within walls filled to the brim with Templars and mages? A smart one who played their cards properly! Such a demon was Zanthe Stark, Lieutenant of the Inquisition. These people reeked of despair and misery, they were so filled with it that Zanthe could feed herself for the next Age! That was exactly why she served with these mouth breathing fools. She fed on them and in turn, she killed those who opposed them. Those who were dying were often quite miserable so she got her fill that way too. Truly Zanthe considered herself the most intelligent of demons that have touched the soils of Thedas.

One of the more delicious people to feast upon was a little white haired reject, Somniari. How could one person be so absolutely miserable? Hells, Zanthe didn’t care! It was a feeding ground of bliss for her. The woman seemed familiar though, as if she’d tasted such despair before though she didn’t truly care enough to think back on previous feedings. After all, how many did she enjoy who were dead? Their corpses fertilizer for trees and food for birds? She did not always need to be near the person she fed upon, did not need to watch them. A simple passing or conversation could result in what she used this woman for.

Sometimes though Zanthe liked to observe those she feasted on. They were like caged mice to her. So easy to grab and use as she needed… In the middle of enjoying that very same reject, the eyes of her meal shifted to her. Busted, she thought to herself though it hardly held any emotion. She’d just rip the bitch’s heart out if she knew the truth. Though judging by the fact she didn’t run, she was just simply aware of the other’s presence. Easy enough.

Waving politely, the demon put on her warmest smile before approaching cautiously. Her steps sure and slow, she couldn’t risk sending her four course meal off! “I’m sorry, I was being so rude and just staring!”

PM
Somniari Mien'harel
 Posted: Jan 27 2018, 04:14 PM
Somniari Mien'harel
24 YEARS OLD
She/Her
Mage
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Spirit Healer
Librarian
Momo
She/Her - MST

Somniari could not recognize Zanthe, not as the Spirit did. She did not leave the walls of Skyhold often, as the task was quite difficult for her. With a skin fairer than even the most fair of maidens came many prices. The sun burned her easily, leading to her having to wear a fair amount of coverage most of the time. Moreover, her vision had never been the best. Such burdens were not something that she tended to talk about with anyone except the healers, but she had come to realize that the were not unknown facts. After all, she likely would have been sent on more missions than she had despite her place as librarian due to the fact that she was a Spirit Healer.

As such, she tended to keep to the walls of Skyhold. Going outside was not so terrible. After all, the fortress was placed within the Frostback Mountains, leading to an environment where she was less likely to be hurt and her style was less likely to be questioned by anyone too curious.

None of it stopped the misery. She had long ago become submerged within a past that few considered and her mind had long ago becomes warped by the horrors that had been placed upon her by the Templars within Kirkwall. She had never been one of those who had tried to run, but then few had truly seen a difference. A mage was a mage, an abomination an abomination. In the end, she had probably been seen as little better than those who had tried to run or had turned to blood magic in their despair or desperation.

Perhaps the only person who was making it better was the Spirit, a spirit that she absently noticed had suddenly left. Curious and somewhat suspicious considering its previous worry.

Somniari blinked at the red-head. She was vaguely foreign to her mind, though there was enough self-preservation within her to realize that she should be careful. Some of it came from the Spirit's worry- a rare quality, she realized. The other was something a bit more ingrained within her person, something she had gained from years of ill-treatment from others. Attention, to her, was rarely good. "Did you need something?" she asked, frowning slightly, not particularly interested in the apology.

Mage Speak Think Colour
@Mimsy
PM
Zanthe Stark
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 02:20 PM
Zanthe Stark
Ageless YEARS OLD
She/Her/It
Mage
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Shapeshifter
Lieutenant
Orchid
She/Her - EST

Ballsy, this one! Did you need something? Of course she did! Zanthe needed her despair, her depression and sadness. She needed to drink it from her like an alcoholic would drink from a tankard. This woman had an aura of sadness. It would attract demons like her for miles, perhaps even across countries! And here she stood in Skyhold. Ah, she had yet to regret her decision to ally with this cause. One very big reason involved the ever present despair from this white skinned peasant. She spoke to Zanthe clearly with no idea who or what she was. Goodie.

“I did not recognize you.” A beautifully crafted lie from the mouth of a demon. Zanthe knew who Somniari was, the girl who bathed in depression. She needed a reason to be caught staring and feeding from this woman. And she’d give one, one filled with lies but one that would not be questioned. “I’m a Lieutenant in the Inquisition. Unfortunately I do not recognize you. Curiosity got the better of me. You have strange tattoos and don’t quite look like the others I’ve seen who bare facial tattoos.”

They were likely somehow tied to the Dalish. They were that familiar intricacy the Dalish were famed for with their vallaslin. Yet she didn’t appear to carry their knife shaped ears. “What do you do here? I’m quite sorry for staring. I’m not entirely very good at being social sometimes.” Okay, that one was very much a truth. Zanthe was not always the best at socializing. She could be but that wasn’t very often. Why should she speak to one she feeds from? Clearly only being caught sparked that sort of thing.

PM
Somniari Mien'harel
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 10:08 PM
Somniari Mien'harel
24 YEARS OLD
She/Her
Mage
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Spirit Healer
Librarian
Momo
She/Her - MST

Somniari had grown up around liars and thieves. The one individual who she had considered to be her father was someone that had often lied for her until he was no longer able to do so. As a result, she was often good at picking up lies. Zanthe's words sounded like a truth and she was quite sure that only a fool would lie about being a lieutenant of the Inquisition since it would be fairly easy to check if that was true. However, parts of the explanation stood out as unusual and she was beginning to realize exactly why the Spirit had been trying to warn her before it had disappeared.

Something was off. Somniari was incredibly aware that she as only a librarian. She did not go on missions often despite being a Spirit Healer. Her expertise was something that she was fairly sure that some saw as wasted due to how she acted. As a result, people usually only came to her when it was related to her job or she was actually needed for a mission. That or they had a problem with her.

"They aren't tattoos," she said absently. What humans and dwarves had were tattoos. She might compare hers to Vallaslin- that was what they were meant to be after all- but she knew well enough that they probably looked a bit more like scars. Her sister hadn't exactly...given them to her how they were supposed to after all.

"I am a librarian, but I imagine that the Inquisition finds more use of me as a mage." She frowned slightly. "What brings you to the library, Lieutenant?"

Mage Speak Think Colour
@Orchid
PM
Zanthe Stark
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 01:46 PM
Zanthe Stark
Ageless YEARS OLD
She/Her/It
Mage
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Shapeshifter
Lieutenant
Orchid
She/Her - EST

Quite blunt this one. Zanthe only needed those few words from her living meal to know that Somniari clearly did not make friends so very easily. Nobody liked a sour puss, now did they? Not even demons and that surely spoke volumes. Already in her head she mocked the words of Somniari. These aren’t tattoos. She’d mock those words for the next few days, potentially even during the next few feeding sessions where Somniari was her main course!

How odd, she wanted nothing more than to slice the woman’s tongue from her throat at the flat toneless and rather lifeless words. Disrespect, perhaps? Zanthe hadn’t worked so hard to aid in the Inquisition—the only demon in its ranks, thank you very much!—only to have a meal ticket be snarky. Mortals though, this was how they were. At least they were consistent she supposed. Ah, a reason for being in the library… Well, shit. Zanthe did not think that far ahead but the words were quick to leave her mouth. Falling from her tongue in an honest manner as if she truly came here for a book.

“Apologies, I’ve not been to the library yet. Haven didn’t have one. I’m not well versed in libraries unfortunately.” Despair could be found in library, in students and mentors squeezing knowledge into their tiny little fragile skulls. However she’d not experienced it first hand in her… physical form. “I’m looking for some sort of book that might help me in combat. I do not mean my skills but rather my knowledge of what we are facing. Demons are simple creatures but it’s the people who are different. These Venatori don’t fight like the mercenaries did. Maybe it’s professional training…”

Zanthe intentionally rambled to make herself look flustered and in need of the aid offered. “I digress! I need some things on Tevinter.”

PM
Somniari Mien'harel
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 08:26 PM
Somniari Mien'harel
24 YEARS OLD
She/Her
Mage
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Spirit Healer
Librarian
Momo
She/Her - MST

The redhead's words seemed honest enough. However, Somniari kept hold of her suspicion with ease. After all, the Spirit had warned her and that was a rare action in itself. Moreover, she was hardly a trusting individual to begin with. She knew quite well that not everybody within Skyhold was trustworthy. Some held questionable beliefs and not all of the Templars were friendly, having been quick to start fights when the mages had become part of the Inquisition.

That and she was quite aware of the Champion's presence, disgusting creature that he was. Nonetheless, whether the Lieutenant truly was looking for a book or not, Somniari was fine with helping her. It allowed time to pass and as long as the woman kept her current mood then she saw no problem helping her.

"There aren't many books on Tevinter," she admitted. The library was primarily made up of donations. Unfortunately, this meant that a fair amount of them were Chantry related and incredibly useless unless one was truly interested in the history of the Chantry.

The weaknesses of the library were a common complaint, truth be told. Dorian Pavus often complained quite loudly, though thankfully never at her. She only wished someone would bother to fix the problem. Surely it could not be too difficult to try and create a better library? The one the Circle had held had been far better and that place might as well have been a prison.

"Most of the ones we have are kept near the stairs that lead...down." Her brow furrowed. "Or you could try speaking to Master Pavus." After all, he actually was from Tevinter. Surely he would know more than a book that was probably biased to begin with.

Mage Speak Think Colour
@Orchid
PM
Zanthe Stark
 Posted: Feb 12 2018, 12:39 PM
Zanthe Stark
Ageless YEARS OLD
She/Her/It
Mage
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Shapeshifter
Lieutenant
Orchid
She/Her - EST

It seemed the other woman would assist her. It prolonged her feeding time. After all, Zanthe didn’t need to be miles away to feast. She just disliked interacting with her meals. Would the average person which to interact with the rabbit they were about to slaughter and make into a stew? No, not at all! Somniari revealed the lack of Tevinter books which hardly surprised her. Did anything leave the mage forsaken place? It had more demons in its borders than what the Rifts spat out. Ah, it felt like home, really. Not that she’d mention that to Somniari or anybody. However it was a comforting thought that her brethren were so heavily residing in Tevinter.

The stairs that lead down? Why did she sound almost upset by that fact? They were bloody stairs, not the gateway into the Fade! “Is there something wrong with down?” Zanthe asked quite genuinely. She actually wanted to know! It had the brow of Somniari furrowed and scrunched. Did it lead into some black abyss? Or was there something far more simple than that? “Ah, Lord Pavus! I’ve heard of him though I’ve not met him myself. I’d prefer to go in with some sort of knowledge instead of looking like some Antivan ditz.”

Good impressions were not her foremost thought. Her biggest concerns were staying undetected and feeding. The Inquisition offered endless meals but with so many Templars, she was on edge more times than not. Zanthe was not the average demon and she was almost glad nobody had caught onto her charade! “Do you have anything relating to conflicts with Tevinter then? That might offer some insight.”

PM
Somniari Mien'harel
 Posted: Feb 12 2018, 10:36 PM
Somniari Mien'harel
24 YEARS OLD
She/Her
Mage
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Spirit Healer
Librarian
Momo
She/Her - MST

A confused expression crossed Somniari's face. While the question was genuine, she was not entirely sure why it was being asked. After all, it was a rather silly question. Of course there was nothing wrong with down. Why would there be? Down was down and up was up, unless one was dreaming she supposed. Moreover, she was not entirely sure why the question was being asked to begin with. It was not as if she had said anything to dictate otherwise.

"Not particularly," she replied honestly. Down was not usually a problem unless one was falling. At the moment, such a thing was not happening. As such, there was no problem and she doubted that she would ever come across it.

Her brow furrowed at the Lieutenant's words before she slowly nodded. Thankfully, the woman gave her something to work off after she had mentioned that there was not much on Tevinter. "Yes," she said. If she remembered correctly there was actually a great deal on conflicts with Tevinter, though most of it all focused a great deal on religious conflict. In fact, the only person that she could recall drifting from such a subject was Brother Genitivi. "They're all religious texts, but anything on the Towers Age should work well, particularly if you look on works on former Divines. Alternatively, Brother Genitivi wrote a few works on Tevinter; they're the most unbiased." Her pale, red eyes bore into the woman, seeming to expect some sort of reply. After all, she could not help the other unless she knew what she would prefer to find.

Mage Speak Think Colour
@Orchid
PM
Zanthe Stark
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 11:10 AM
Zanthe Stark
Ageless YEARS OLD
She/Her/It
Mage
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Shapeshifter
Lieutenant
Orchid
She/Her - EST

Zanthe fully now accepted the reality of things. Some humans were absolutely impossible to read! Better to simply feed from them and let them rot in their own other useless emotions or feelings. While speaking with Somniari about something the Lieutenant truthfully cared nothing about, she began her feeding. It was quiet, calm, and unsuspecting. Being in her immediate area made the feasting happen much easier! Zanthe could simply gorge herself quickly, drinking in that sweet despair but she knew better than to indulge too much on a single person.

Down is down and up is up. Oh by the demons… She almost desired to strike her on principle! Ah, the chink in the armor, yes? She couldn’t always know what someone meant. Demons were much more forward than this. Holy wars! Oh, she remembered those quite well. What pleasant memories those simple words brought Zanthe!

“Anything will help surely!” She nodded her head accepting Somniari’s recommendation and assessment of the texts they had. They were Chantry oriented which meant they were likely bias. However they were currently an excuse to feed. And for her cover, they’d offer her ‘knowledge’ on the subject she’d simply need to know. “I will take both Divine and Brother Genitivi, his work is renowned and the Divine’s may be of use as well.” What she wanted to do what speak with Corypheus himself but there was no such option for that, now was there? “I don’t know what these things might hold and it’d be better to not dismiss something that might help.”

After all, the Lieutenant needed to make sure she could save her comrades! Or some pathetic shit like that.

PM
Somniari Mien'harel
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 03:54 PM
Somniari Mien'harel
24 YEARS OLD
She/Her
Mage
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Spirit Healer
Librarian
Momo
She/Her - MST

Somniari knew she was not a forward person. The ability to be so had long been lost to her. Speaking was difficult for her as attempts to do often had her struggling to bring forth her words, as if fear of the consequences of what she might say swallow her whole. She despised it, primarily because she had a lot to say. Her mind often whirled with things that she wished to say but lacked the courage to do so. It frustrated her even more that only anger seemed to bring out forwardness in her, as such an emotion actually did bring out reckless.

The fault for such a weakness lay not only in man's folly, but also within demons. The pale mage was not a fool. While Kirkwall had suffered due to the cruel Templars outnumbering the truly kind ones, many individuals had been swayed by demons. She could recall how many of the mages had often attempted to run. Running was a fool's mission. If one did not die then they were just sent back to the Circle. It was a truth that had turned many mages to blood magic and created many abominations.

Somniari was unable to view her magic positively for a reason, but also refused to spit upon her person. She did not want to be another number among those within Kirkwall. She did not want to be another person who had become broken. The only problem was that she did not know how to pick up the pieces of her person and fix herself.

Her emotions felt odd within the Lieutenant's presence. Despair chipped away slightly, something which was peculiar in itself. She was...unsure about the action itself, her suspicion growing.

She tilted her head, eying the redhead for a moment. "Very well," she finally said. She personally did not believe that any works on past Divines would be of help. Some of the actions past Divines had done were fairly terrible, making it clear that it was more of the Andrastian Chantry held bias as opposed to the North. However, chances were that only works by Brother Genitivi would admit such a thing. He seemed to be the only Andrastian who wrote anything worth reading to her understanding.

"This way." Not bothering to pay much attention to the redhead, she turned on heel and began heading towards the alcove near the stairway. "How many books on the Divines would you like? There are many."

Mage Speak Think Colour
@Orchid
PM
Zanthe Stark
 Posted: Feb 25 2018, 04:38 PM
Zanthe Stark
Ageless YEARS OLD
She/Her/It
Mage
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Shapeshifter
Lieutenant
Orchid
She/Her - EST

Part of Zanthe wanted to collect these books and burn them just to watch this pale skinned fool writhe. Or to simply take pleasure in the smallest of things. Divines were people who fed the demons like Zanthe. The Chantry created so much of those negative emotions, it was as if someone chummed the waters near Chantries. Demons would watch and devour all sorts of emotions that the Chantry and their Templar goons churned up. It seemed to be everywhere in Thedas. Chantries even in Tevinter were filled with much of the same. A Black Divine did no better than the Andrastian Divine. She needed to at least seem interested in this stupid works of literature to maintain cover as she fed.

She wasn’t overly familiar with the library or really anything outside of the sparring ring or tavern. Why should she be? A Lieutenant did not need to fill their brains with textual knowledge. They needed to fight and command, save lives or whatever other nonsense they preached. Luckily she had a decent enough excuse for being in the library this time! Next time she might need to shift into a mouse and eat in peace and quiet!

Somniari, the walking all you can eat buffet, asked how many she might need. “Just a few, three or so. They are likely a touch biased on accounts but they may hold some sort of information. I think the Venatori are fighting in more ancient styles as well. The furthest encounter with Tevene forces would probably be the most beneficial.” Zanthe cared not if her meal spoke more or less. So long as she didn’t out her as a demon—which she shouldn’t be able to thanks to the lovely ward placed upon her in the very place she spoke negatively of—Somniari would be little more than this to her.

“Any recommendations?” After all, wouldn’t she know better than Zanthe? Zanthe knew exactly how Tevene tended to fight. A book or two might help keep up that rouse of how she knew a specific troop movement. Perhaps because she’d seen it during her time in Tevinter in the meat suit they saw her in. Or maybe even as a demon…

PM
Somniari Mien'harel
 Posted: Feb 25 2018, 05:38 PM
Somniari Mien'harel
24 YEARS OLD
She/Her
Mage
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Spirit Healer
Librarian
Momo
She/Her - MST

There were several positives to being a meek creature that others did not often notice. It did not go past Somniari's notice that others often gazed at her and saw someone who needed to be protected. It was not entirely false. After all, she was a healer not a fighter. She had purposely chosen to focus most of her studies in such branches while in the Circle. It showed itself in such a subtle manner that others did not often understand that her painful time within the Circle had led her to believe that magic was a bad thing. As a result, she had decided to focus on learning how to use her magic to help others, wanting to stay as far away from magic that could, as she saw it, harm others. Learning how to use the winter branch had been fairly reluctant on her part and only done because others had insisted that she learn something to defend herself.

Yet, there was another creature who lay beneath the placid creature others saw. Beneath the bitterness and sorrow lay a deep, untouched anger. Somniari did not like who she had become and she had long ago come to despise those that she believed were responsible for the fear that consumed her. She disliked the Chantry most of all. After all, it had been a Reverend Mother who had refused to do anything about the growing tension between the Circle and Templars, leaving innocents to suffer in the name of neutrality.

She doubted that she would ever shed a tear for them.

Zanthe could hardly know this, particularly when the pale mage presented some form of knowledge on the subject before her. However, it felt more like a dull duty, one that she was not particularly happy with. Books were a solace, but she had never felt an interest in Andrastianism. The Elven Gods were kinder than some human woman who apparently only loved humans...and not even all of them to her understanding.

Then again, most people were like that, were they not?

Her brow furrowed at the Lieutenant's explanation. She was not entirely sure if that was true, but she could hardly confirm it. After all, she was hardly among Commander Cullen's forces and he or his men were more like to know how either the Venatori or the Red Templars would fight. Besides, from what she had come to learn thus far the Venatori seemed to have an obsession with ancient Elven magic. It would not be such a long stretch to believe they had attempted to adapt it into how they fought.

She hummed. "Probably something about Divines instead of anything by Brother Genitivi." After all, the brother tended to only write about the Imperial Chantry, not Tevinter itself. "Would works on the Exalted Marches work well?" She knew that there were few of those. They were fairly dry material, but they were better than a biography. Those were better used as kindling.

Mage Speak Think Colour
@Orchid
PM
Zanthe Stark
 Posted: Feb 26 2018, 07:16 PM
Zanthe Stark
Ageless YEARS OLD
She/Her/It
Mage
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Shapeshifter
Lieutenant
Orchid
She/Her - EST

Every moment in the presence of Somniari was blissful. Not because this pale woman was interesting, it was as if she was watching paint dry upon walls with every word uttered from her lips. Zanthe had always been careful in her feedings now that she existed beyond the Veil. She knew to tread lightly when feeding near like this. It was a rare thing for her though she’d come to be quite an expert at such a thing over the recent years! She continued her feeding of Somniari’s despair, it tasted like almost an aged wine and cheese pairing offered at elitist gatherings.

She may have been caught in her pre-feeding but Zanthe enjoyed the challenge being caught presented! She needed to quickly lie, cover her arse, and be believable! Now, perhaps Cullen and the others didn’t need the information, but she could easily come up with a decent argument. Knowledge was useful. Zanthe had no formal training like many of the people who fought under the Inquisition’s banner. The story was that she’d been a mercenary that grew up in Antiva. What mercenary had a formal education in anything? Usually none though sometimes bastard nobles showed up.

Any information could be a tool to her when in combat. Of course, she had a great deal of knowledge already on these things but she didn’t dare speak on that. “If you think it’ll help! I, uh,” Zanthe ran her fingers through her fiery hair and swallowed hard. She both sounded and looked embarrassed. “Really don’t know too much about Thedas history or anything. They don’t really bother teaching you that in mercenary groups. Sort of learning things as I go.”

Weirdly enough, that was true! This pretty little suit she wore about? She’d been rather uncultured. Sheltered, abused, and no doubt living a better life wherever souls went after being possessed. Her body served Zanthe well. And, if she were to be honest, she was quite fond of this. It was the hair.

“Are you Circle trained, your magic, I mean?”

PM
Somniari Mien'harel
 Posted: Feb 26 2018, 11:14 PM
Somniari Mien'harel
24 YEARS OLD
She/Her
Mage
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Spirit Healer
Librarian
Momo
She/Her - MST

If Somniari was surprised by Zanthe's claim to a lack of knowledge towards any of Thedas' history, she did not show. After all, there was little reason to be surprised. Unlike most Circle mages, she had spent far more time outside of the Circle. While she could not speak about her time with her clan, she knew that many within the alienage had not been well educated. Such a fate would have likely been her own as well had she not been sent to the Circle.

Grimly, she thought it was a rather high price to learn about a history she had never been interested in.

"Very well," she said before she began to finger through tomes. Searching for the better tomes was like attempting to find a needle in a haystack. Many of the donations they received were akin to rubbish and it made her wonder if nobles were merely giving them whatever rubbish they did not want. Considering how many duplicates they possessed, it did not seem like too far fetched of a theory.

She found herself pausing at the question about whether she was Circle trained. Glancing back to the Lieutenant, a deep frown crossed her face. "Mostly," she admitted, gaze flickering away, "I was away from the Circle long enough that I learned a few things myself." After all, Vhenas had not been able to teach her anything, let alone teach her how to control her magic. Moreover, the rest of the alienage had not been completely trustworthy when it came to having a mage among them. She had only had herself to rely upon in regards to learning how to control her magic well enough that it could be hidden.

Mage Speak Think Colour
@Orchid
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply

SKINNED BY Vanessa of SHINE and CAUTION

RP Lovers Shadowplay Topsites Unbound Topsites - A Video Game RP Listing Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

RPG-D RPG Initiative Avalon a Panfandom RP Sufficient Unto the Day face in the crowd UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Rise of the Believers Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU

SITE DISCORD