Hello travelers, and welcome to The Truth About Monsters. We are a Dragon Age: Inquisition forum with a minimum word count of 250 words. We know the outcome of this tragic story, but it's up to you how we get there and what choices are made along the way. So come sit by the fire, rest a while, but beware; here there be monsters.
7 Jan an Actvity Check is currently running until Jan 14th, please be sure to post there with any characters you would like to keep active. Our site wide plot Here Lies The Abyss is still ongoing! Check it out here!
NEED TO KNOW
CANON LIST
WANT ADS
Q & A
MEMBER DIRECTORY
SITE LORE
TUMBLR
SITE CREDITS

Add Reply

From North to South, Radonis & Vela
Radonis
 Posted: Dec 3 2017, 08:42 PM
Radonis
39 YEARS OLD
He/Him
Mage
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Force Mage
Imperial Archon
Momo
She/Her - MST

The letter is delivered by an unassuming raven. Overall, it appears to be little to be a normal letter. However, a keen eye will be able to tell that the material is far too expensive to have come from anyone but an individual with some amount of wealth. Moreover, the parchment is clearly made in a manner different than Ferelden methods. Whoever has sent this is foreign and wealthy.
user posted image
I understand why the land might appear to be unclaimed. The land that has been taken is part of the Silent Plains which have been inhospitable since the First Blight due to the damage done to them at the time. As a result, they are less unclaimed, but have long ago been deemed too difficult for a village or city to be established within. For this reason, the Magisterium will be dubious about the claims in regards to the Avvar's intentions, as they are sitting on our borders.

While your offer to monitor them is appreciated, I must question whether this will actually solve the problem. Those within the Magisterium who hold a problem with their presence complain for several reasons. The greatest concerns are how this might affect travel, the fact they are foreigners conquering a large piece of land, and whether they are little more than bandits by another name.

To expand on the matter, the Tevinter Imperium has come to have increasingly poor travel over the past year, particularly around our borders. There are several reasons which are better fit to be explained in a separate letter. Those who worry about travel merely worry about the borders becoming far more difficult to travel through. It is a natural concern, as those of lesser wealth already have difficulty traveling through our borders. I doubt I need to explain the second matter in great detail. Even those who hold little opinion on the subject, do not enjoy the thought of foreigners conquering a piece of our land. It rings of Orlais' imperialist days and it does not help that many Tevene are wary of outsiders.

The third matter was addressed by you. I imagine that the offer to monitor the clan will calm some within the Magisterium; however, it will likely come with the price of stirring unrest within others. As you might imagine, some would not like the idea of the Inquisition being so visibly close to Tevinter.

Despite these obstacles, I believe that we might be able to come to a solution that will satisfy both the Inquisition and the Imperium. user posted image

@Kat
PM
Vela Lavellan
 Posted: Dec 18 2017, 12:56 PM
Vela Lavellan
28 YEARS OLD
She/Her
Mage
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Keeper
Inquisitor
Kat
She/Her - GMT

The letter received is of fine quality with a neat wax seal, though the parchment is not of as fine make as what came from Tevinter. While the outside of the letter looks neat and formal, inside the handwriting is certainly not as neat and ink blotches can be seen littered throughout. Whoever wrote it was clearly not used to writing formal letters with ink and quill.
Imperial Archon,

Thank you for your response to my previous letter, I too wish to come to a conclusion that suits us both.

I can only offer my word and assurance that the Avvar are not there to cause trouble or to make travel harder for your people, and when we exiled them we made it very clear what would happen should they go back on their peaceful word. They know we are in contact, and I am confident they would not risk their clan being wiped out by an attack from the Inquisition and your soldiers.

As for our monitoring them, I do not wish to put your people on edge, so we will not be a visible presence in Tevinter. We have the means to monitor them discreetly so as not to upset your people.

At the moment, from our reports, they are on the borders but have made no signs of moving into Tevinter. If these assurances are not enough to calm your people than I am happy to to come to some sort of arrangement for us both.

Inquisitor Lavellan, Herald of Andraste

@Momo
PM
Radonis
 Posted: Dec 27 2017, 04:58 PM
Radonis
39 YEARS OLD
He/Him
Mage
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Force Mage
Imperial Archon
Momo
She/Her - MST

user posted image
Your solution will work as long as you wish to keep it a temporary one. Should I do my part in regards to this plan, it will likely calm about half of those who concern themselves with this issue. As long as your Inquisition manages itself in a discreet manner, those who are concerned with travel and the Inquisition being close to the Imperium will be able to calmed for an indiscernible amount of time. In fact, these groups are ones that I can help sooth the tempers of. Their concerns are ones which will pass due to more pressing matters that the Imperium has taken to occupying its gaze upon.

As a result, the most pressing matter would be those within the Magisterium who view the Avvar as bandits. Such individuals will not be pleased unless they receive a resolution from the Inquisition that they deem proper. Naturally, a permanent solution is the only offer which will suffice. I do not wish to suggest use of the blade; however, the Magisterium will undoubtedly be displeased unless the Avvar are either gone or become someone else's concern. user posted image

@Kat
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

SKINNED BY Vanessa of SHINE and CAUTION

RP Lovers Shadowplay Topsites Unbound Topsites - A Video Game RP Listing Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

RPG-D RPG Initiative Avalon a Panfandom RP Sufficient Unto the Day face in the crowd UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Rise of the Believers Break the Wheel: a Season 7 GOT AU

SITE DISCORD