Hello travelers, and welcome to The Truth About Monsters. We are a Dragon Age: Inquisition forum with a minimum word count of 250 words. We know the outcome of this tragic story, but it's up to you how we get there and what choices are made along the way. So come sit by the fire, rest a while, but beware; here there be monsters.
11 Feb Thread roulette partners have been done and the Here Lies the Abyss event has been closed. Thanks everyone who participated! ♡
NEED TO KNOW
CANON LIST
WANT ADS
Q & A
MEMBER DIRECTORY
SITE LORE
TUMBLR
SITE CREDITS

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Unravel, tag Genevieve [Ferelden, Other]
Genevieve Marchand
 Posted: Jan 22 2018, 08:09 PM
Genevieve Marchand
32 YEARS OLD
she/her
Warrior
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
templar
red templar
planxty
she/her - est

”I’m sure I will, but I’ll try not to enjoy myself too much.” Though she still wore a slight smile and spoke brightly, some of her older, nastier thoughts tried to creep in: once that hadn’t crossed her mind in quite some time. There was sin inherent in too much pleasure, that view she still held near to her heart. Could she stand to immerse herself back in that world and keep her wits about her? To do her job, even to enjoy herself, without overindulging? Probably so. She had faced worse challenges before, and self doubt was never a productive emotion.

”Knight-Captain,” she went on. ”I don’t believe for a moment that your own courage is so lacking, but having lived in that world, I can understand why you might feel that way. I’ve heard some say they’d rather be trapped in a room with an ogre than with a political enemy. You know where you stand with the ogre, at least.” she understood it, but she didn’t agree. Whatever ruin an angry rival could inflict seemed less gruesome and painful than being torn limb from limb, and Genevieve was far from confident enough with a sword to imagine a one on one confrontation with an ogre ending any better.

She paused before she went on. What she wanted to ask next was bold, but necessary to discuss. ”Will I receive a stipend for travel expenses? Moving through Orlais can be rather pricey.” Her heart began to race as she waited for an answer.

Warrior Speak Think Colour
@Momo

PM
Leonard Armitage
 Posted: Jan 24 2018, 08:00 PM
Leonard Armitage
32 YEARS OLD
He/Him
Warrior
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Templar
Red Knight-Captain
Momo
She/Her - MST

Leonard had always been a touch too perceptive. It was a strength that stood out among his many flaws, having been fine tuned for a short time by a father who had not loved him and seen him as little more as a tool to further his legacy. The harsh words and lessons that his father had inflicted upon him as a child had not disappeared after he had entered the Order. In anything, they had found a way to flourish. The boredom that had come upon the lectures of Chantry sisters and brothers had allowed for the distraction of watching others. A weak body had allowed the mind to further itself, as the natural talent for strategy had allowed for perception to grow. When a rival had appeared, the quality had truly grown. After all, one does not defeat an enemy without knowing them.

So, it was fairly easy to recognize that Genevieve was not telling him everything. Her smile did not seem to reach her eyes, leaving the hint that she was either lying or leaving out information. Either way, he was not particularly surprised. After all, she was Orlesian. From what he understood, lying was the national sport.

Then you do not know me very well, he found himself tempted to say in response to her compliment. However, he held his tongue, figuring that the implication would not be taken well. "A rather gruesome way to put it," he said, chuckling softly, "I imagine I mostly lack the eloquence required for politics." It was not a lie, not truly. He had practically grown up in the Templar Order and the Order usually cared more about one's abilities as a warrior than their eloquence.

The Orleasian Templar's question was not one he had expected, but was one he was not entirely surprised by. "You will be provided with what you require," he said diplomatically, neither confirming or denying that this would mean that she'd be given money. While he held a loyalty to the Templars, any trust he possesses was merely a fraction in comparison to what he held for himself. He could not confidently say that he trusted those within the Order to not abuse certain freedoms, particularly considering the state of things.

@Planxty
PM
Genevieve Marchand
 Posted: Jan 28 2018, 01:23 PM
Genevieve Marchand
32 YEARS OLD
she/her
Warrior
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
templar
red templar
planxty
she/her - est

”Thank you, Knight-Captain,” Genevieve answered with a polite bow of her head. It took a burden off of her to know that all of her needs would be provided for, one less thing to worry over in her travels. Her sense of relief was plain to see, a little tension in her shoulders and neck released.

Not only was she more relaxed, but for one fleeting moment her mind wandered. Oh, to be back in Val Royeaux! Some more of those old happy memories came back, of silk gowns, jeweled masks, fine wine, and fussy little pastries. Genevieve, however, quickly chased away those thoughts. That was not the Val Royeaux she would be returning to, not quite. She would be there to work, not to waste time and money on frivolous things. Though, the two were not necessarily mutually exclusive. Surely she could find a balance, and a little frivolity might help her to blend in.

She took a small breath and brought her thoughts and focus back to the present. ”I think you’ve answered all of the questions I had” she continued with another bow of her head. If there’s nothing else you wish to discuss, I would like to be on my way. The road to Val Royeaux is a long one.” A long one, yet also one that she was eager to set out on. The doubts still lingered in her mind, they always would, but Genevieve was prepared to fight them off.

@Momo

PM
Leonard Armitage
 Posted: Jan 28 2018, 05:08 PM
Leonard Armitage
32 YEARS OLD
He/Him
Warrior
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Templar
Red Knight-Captain
Momo
She/Her - MST

It was clear that his answer had relieved some of her worry. Despite the politeness of her gestures, there was a slight shift in her posture that Leonard had become adept had catching over his lifetime. The Knight-Captain made a point of not commenting on the matter. After all, it was better that the Orlesian Templar took comfort in his words. It would become troublesome if she decided to examine how he was phrasing.

This situation did leave him with the problem of figuring out how to provide with this...mission, he supposed it could be called. While the Red Templars had managed to gather resources here and there, Leonard would prefer this be one of a more secretive nature. This would mean that not only would he have to keep information from Genevieve but he would have to figure out how to gather money himself.

There was only one solution he could think of. His father had died and left no heir. As a result, his paternal side of the family was still fighting over his inheritance. It would take careful work- he would prefer not to be noticed too much, all things considered- but it should be possible for him to gain a fair chunk of the inheritance. After all, he was technically the only child his father had ever had and he was intelligent enough to realize that his father had likely wanted him to be the heir before he had abandoned him to the Order.

Besides, gaining it would be an excellent way at getting back at the bastard, dead or not. For now, though, he supposed he could use what he did possess.

He nodded. "Of course," he said before inclining his head slightly, "May your travels be safe."

@Planxty
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply

SKINNED BY Vanessa of SHINE and CAUTION

RP Lovers Shadowplay Topsites Unbound Topsites - A Video Game RP Listing Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

RPG-D RPG Initiative Avalon a Panfandom RP Sufficient Unto the Day face in the crowd UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Rise of the Believers Break the Wheel: a Season 7 GOT AU

SITE DISCORD