Hello travelers, and welcome to The Truth About Monsters. We are a Dragon Age: Inquisition forum with a minimum word count of 250 words. We know the outcome of this tragic story, but it's up to you how we get there and what choices are made along the way. So come sit by the fire, rest a while, but beware; here there be monsters.
7 Jan an Actvity Check is currently running until Jan 14th, please be sure to post there with any characters you would like to keep active. Our site wide plot Here Lies The Abyss is still ongoing! Check it out here!
NEED TO KNOW
CANON LIST
WANT ADS
Q & A
MEMBER DIRECTORY
SITE LORE
TUMBLR
SITE CREDITS

Add Reply

Unravel, tag Genevieve
Leonard Armitage
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 03:19 AM
Leonard Armitage
32 YEARS OLD
He/Him
Warrior
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Templar
Red Knight-Captain
Momo
She/Her - MST

1 Justinian, 9:41

It was common for the Red Templars to communicate through letters as opposed to in person, as the notion of multiple groups of Templars meeting up was considered dangerous. It was a system that Leonard had quickly taken a strong dislike to. Unfortunately, he seemed to be the only person- or, at least the only person who held a voice on the matter- who saw the flaws in the system. Exchanging letters was a dangerous and possessed the risk of the exchange either being discovered or stolen, something which he had pointed out early on. Unfortunately, this had only led to the exchanges being relatively vague or simple.

It was....incompetent. He could not help but place the blame on Samson. While the man was not a terrible, he was, in Leonard's opinion, not someone who should be within the position of commander. Such a position should belong to a stronger, more competent Templar. Someone like himself.

It was a shame that he had the loyalty of those beneath him. Otherwise, Leonard might have long ago attempted to turn the tide more towards his own favor. The Maker certainly knew that Samson's Knight-Captain's were far better strategists than him.

It had not escaped Leonard's attention that the letters had taken a shift in tone. It was clear that the attention was largely turning to Orlais, something which no doubt had to do with the mixture of the Venatori's and the Red Templar's plans in regards to the land. Moreover, he held little doubt that the recent failures within Ferelden, particularly Redcliffe, had no doubt caused the great shift in attention.

As far as he was concerned, this allowed for an opportunity. While he could not change the direct course of action he was meant to take, the focus on Orlais was definitely an opportunity to gather information. He doubted that anyone within the group had considered the notion that they might need information and, truth be told, the redhead had little interest in running the plan by anyone else. Chances were that he'd be ignored due to Templars who understood more about fighting but lacked a basic understanding of strategy.

Whether the plans in Orlais went as planned mattered little to him. All he truly needed was for a more...covert operation. The only problem was finding someone who fit. He knew that he had a better chance looking among the Orlesian Templars. After all, Fereldens were usually as subtle boulder, something which he knew, due to personal experience, had to do with their brand of politics.

It was relatively difficult and took some time, but through a long exchange with the Knight-Captain within Orlais he managed to get a recommendation- though he somewhat doubted the other entirely realized that. Through some work, he managed to set up a meeting. He had chosen somewhere....relatively public and near the border between Orlais and Ferelden, using the logic that if he kept things under a pretence that looked too secret he might attract too much attention. The building that he had arranged for them to meet at technically belonged to his father and had become neglected due to the supposed lack of an heir. Him using it would likely attract some rumours, but chances were that they would not get much of anywhere considering how insistent his father had been on hiding his existence.

The lyrium sang a little bit louder and he found his attention drifting to outside the window. Paranoia curled within him as time ticked by. Where is she? he thought to himself, fingers curling into a fist.

Warrior Speak Think Colour
@Planxty
PM
Genevieve Marchand
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 08:53 PM
Genevieve Marchand
32 YEARS OLD
she/her
Warrior
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
templar
red templar
planxty
she/her - est

Genevieve had started the morning with excitement. For all the troubles her past have given her, there was something she missed about intrigue and spying. Joining the Red Templars kept her alive and gave her a renewed sense of purpose, but at the same time the work often left her feeling out of her element. She was eager to find her stride again with a bit more subtle work. From what little she currently knew, it seemed as though upcoming mission might give her just the opportunity she craved.

However, the excitement was short lived. Genevieve rarely traveled abroad, and though she didn't have to go far into Fereldan territory, she soon found herself hopelessly lost in the unfamiliar land, Excitement gave way to frustration and panic. Her best case scenario would have her leaving a poor impression on the Knight-Captain, and the worst case scenario...well, she wasn't exactly prepared to fend for herself in the wildness.

Tired and irritated, she did eventually find the place, and she felt more than a little foolish when she realized that she had walked past the building once before. Genevieve took a deep, long breath and held her head high as she tried to set it all out of her mind. Best not to let it affect her, or at least not let it show. Really, this was no different than keeping a cool head going into a ball with lies on her tongue and schemes in her mind, only this time she wore armor instead of a gown and mask.

Standing just outside the door, she took another deep breath before calling in a bold voice, "Knight-Captain?"

@Momo

PM
Leonard Armitage
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 05:39 AM
Leonard Armitage
32 YEARS OLD
He/Him
Warrior
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Templar
Red Knight-Captain
Momo
She/Her - MST

As time ticked by, Leonard could feel his patience thinning. He had never been a patient man, something which he imagined most individuals found a bit odd considering how young he had been when he had been given to the Order. However, such a virtue was difficult for him. It was often easier to grow annoyed with others, especially since they so often appeared to be lacking in ways that he was not. It might have made him more like him- chaotic, angry, and inconsolable- were it not for the fact that Leonard's father had made sure a sense of order and constant control were within his bastard son before he had abandoned him to the Templars.

While he would never admit it, the red lyrium did not help. The song was loud and while it sometimes helped him forget his concerns, it also often played with his flaws. He was half convinced that he had not been consumed by it as quickly as others had been simply due to his will power.

Thankfully, the period in which he had to wait came to an end, as a foreign voice spoke up. He cannot be seen, but then he supposes that that should change. After all, only one person should know that any sort of Knight-Captain is here without actually seeing him.

With a few steps, Leonard comes into view. For a moment, he says nothing, but gazes at Genevieve. In many respects, she's quite different from him. She's shorter than him, though this is to be expected; he's always been tall, something that was a singular saving grace in his appearance when he began to climb higher in rank. She's pale, but not unhealthily so. Her pale hair is short, even shorter than he has seen among female Templars but he supposes that it might be a difference between Ferelden and Orlesian Templars. Her build is notably stronger than his own, something he supposes that he should not be surprised about since he's always had a thin build and his talents lean dangerously close to what Templar archers tend to focus on. However, he notices, above all, that there is next to no sign of whatever effects from the red lyrium she is taking. Perhaps the odd glint in her eye, but overall she holds an appearance that is among the more normal of those who are within the first stage.

His lips curl into what appears to be a genuine smile, something which is only tainted by the glint within Leonard's eye, though whether it exists due to the lyrium or his manipulative mind is difficult to tell. "Serah Marchand, I take it?" he finally says, his voice surprisingly louder than one might have expected. While his accent is distinctly Ferelden, it is difficult to tell if he was ever lowborn. He does not quite have the clean quality that nobility normally possess within his accent, yet his accent is obviously nowhere near as rough as it would have been had he lived as a lowborn before joining the Order. "I apologize if you had trouble finding the house-" Because really, that is the only excuse had can think of as to why she could have possibly taken so long. "It has fallen into some disrepair in recent years." He tilted his head. "Were you told why I wished to speak with you?"

He imagined that his guess was correct on the matter. Considering that he had technically lied to the other Knight-Captain to get information about Genevieve out of him, he imagined that she had been told quite little. If she was unlucky, she would have just been told that her services were required, given the usual vague demands that people were expected to swallow. However, if she was lucky then the other Knight-Captain had bothered to explain how Leonard was looking for someone with her experience...though he doubted she would have been told whatever lies he had fed the factions within Orlais.

@Planxty
PM
Genevieve Marchand
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 03:31 PM
Genevieve Marchand
32 YEARS OLD
she/her
Warrior
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
templar
red templar
planxty
she/her - est

Genevieve first replied with a polite nod as she stepped inside and then took another step closer to the Knight-Captain. Her strides were long and confident, and her posture was arrow-straight. Before speaking again, she took just a short moment to study the man who stood before her. He wasn't quite what she was expecting. He was slimmer; Genevieve always pictured Fereldans to all be massive, imposing barbarians, and she hadn't yet had enough interactions with them to dissuade those expectations. He also only seemed to be as affect as red lyrium as she was, which was both a surprise and a welcome relief. Genevieve was still not quite accustomed to trying to have a conversation with someone who had glowing crystals growing out of their body, and she doubted she ever would.

"I'll admit I had some trouble finding the place," she answered, "But I'm here now, and my journey was safe and otherwise uneventful, and that's what matters." The tone of her voice was firm, yet warm and polite: the way she usually spoke when she both wanted to show respect yet also remain assertive.

"I was told a little, and all in frustratingly vague terms," Genevieve continued. "What I know is that you wished to speak to me about a mission that would make good use of some of my unique skills. That's all I know, but I've had a bit of fun trying to guess at the details. I only have one set of skill that I would call unique." At that, Genevieve indulged in a coy and playful smile.

@Momo
PM
Leonard Armitage
 Posted: Jan 14 2018, 01:27 AM
Leonard Armitage
32 YEARS OLD
He/Him
Warrior
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Templar
Red Knight-Captain
Momo
She/Her - MST

Leonard slipped into his persona of the Knight-Captain with relative ease. It was a person that he considered to be quite distant from himself, but knew was not entirely separate from who he actually was. It was a person that was kind but respectable and whose intelligence stood out more than anything else. He was different from Leonard Armitage, if only because Leonard was not a kind person, but a manipulative one with a nasty temper.

People liked the Knight- Captain; Leonard had only ever met one person who had liked him. It was an act that most Fereldens would have considered distasteful in its dishonesty, outside of those who worked within the political atmosphere and thus actually knew something of trickery. An Orlesian might have laughed and told him he had been born in the wrong land. An irony, all things considered.

His lips curved into a quiet smile. "Indeed," he agreed, "I was informed that you once worked within atmosphere of Orlesian politics to some degree?" He did not know much about the terms, having been given over to the Order at too young an age to learn the finer details of the world his father had lived in. Moreover, Fereldens were quite...lacking in an understanding of how Orlesian politics worked outside of the basics, something which only fueled their disdain for Orlais. After all, the notion of something like The Game simply clashed with the relatively down to earth culture of Ferelden. "I am currently in need of such skills for a series of missions that will require information gathering."

For a moment, he allowed his words to hang as she absorbed them.

@Planxty
PM
Genevieve Marchand
 Posted: Jan 14 2018, 04:50 PM
Genevieve Marchand
32 YEARS OLD
she/her
Warrior
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
templar
red templar
planxty
she/her - est

Genevieve allowed the smile on her face to grow a little more. Yes, it was exactly how she guessed, and knowing that she had guessed correctly made her ego swell just a little bit. All of her frustration and irritation from only minutes ago already faded away. The excitement was back in full force, supported by a new sense of focus.

"That's correct, Knight-Captain," she answered with another polite nod. "Before I joined the Templar Order, I had several years experience as a bard in the courts of Orlais." Genevieve neglected to mention that several foolish mistakes brought that chapter of her life to an abrupt end, but that wasn't something he needed to know...and if he happened to know already, it wasn't something she needed to draw attention to, or at least not something she wanted to draw attention to.

"I have the necessary skills, but please understand that it's been some time since I've had the chance to put them to proper use." She paused there to think. Information gathering. It could be fairly simple and straightforward, but there was no way to know just yet. Surely, though, it couldn't be any more complicated than some of the tangled messes one could get into in Orlesian intrigue. "That said, I still have full confidence in my abilities; these aren’t the sort of skills one easily forgets. Please, tell me more about what sort of information I’ll be gathering."

@Momo

PM
Leonard Armitage
 Posted: Jan 14 2018, 06:36 PM
Leonard Armitage
32 YEARS OLD
He/Him
Warrior
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Templar
Red Knight-Captain
Momo
She/Her - MST

While Leonard lacked proper knowledge about Genevieve's background in politics, he was still sane enough to make a proper guess as to the basics of it. While the Order differed from land to land, becoming even more different the farther up North one went, there were not many differences between those that were within Orlais and Ferelden. In fact, the largest difference was probably just how much each land relied upon them. The duties of Ferelden Templars, to his understanding, had always been a bit different than those within Orlais. Orlais was larger and far more organized, thus allowing for the Templars to primarily focus upon acting as wardens to the mages. In contrast, Ferelden had not been organized nearly as long and lacked many of the forces that Orlais had, particularly with the chaos of the Dragon Age. As such, Templars occasionally found their duties drifting to not only acting as wardens within Circles, but they had occasionally lived to protect the people. It was a role that Leonard had become familiar with at one point, particularly during the Fifth Blight.

Or...this had once been true. Now, it was hard to say who truly was a Templar when so many found themselves lost after the Circles had fallen. The Inquisition was certainly not helping his lost brethren. They condemned the Red Templars, all the while ignoring the others who had no way and no role any longer within this world that would prefer to have them bow to fools like Samson.

It brought an unpleasant feeling, the song humming a bit louder, as it briefly crossed his mind who exactly might be negatively affected by this. He banished it as best he could, not wishing to focus on those of the past. After all, the only individuals who mattered were gone now. The present was what mattered now.

Quietly, he listened to Genevieve. Her explanation was a quiet confirmation of what he had considered. Templars, in his experience, normally did not join as he had, but normally found their way to the Order through either choice or desperation. It was easy to presume that something had happened to end her career as a bard, leading her towards the path of becoming a Templar.

The skills, though, were what were important. As long as she still possessed enough of them to gather information in a discrete manner, he could care less if her skills were not as fine tuned as they once were. Chances were that she was far more well practiced than most other Templars- the Maker certainly knew the average one held no talent for politics- and as long as she did not get caught that was good enough for him.

He nodded. "I am sure that you have heard of recent plans for Orlais, particularly in regards to what our Venatori allies are planning?" His expression was carefully neutral, leaving whatever opinion he held upon the subject of the assassination of the Empress hidden. "With the focus shifting to such a plan, the Red Templars will be primarily be focused upon searching and gathering." It was a fact he detested, if only because he viewed it as a waste of skill. After all, the Red Templars had already proven to be far more successful than the Venatori, having cut down the Inquisition's numbers at Haven greatly. In contrast, the Venatori had already presented at least one failure, and a fairly one at that. He did hope for their sake that they actually succeeded.

"The information that will be gathered will primarily lie within the political sphere," he said lightly, "Specifically within Orlais." He doubted he needed to mention how split the country was. After all, everyone was well aware of how the country was stuck within a seemingly endless civil war. "Information related to either the Inquisition or individuals that might benefit the cause would be best to focus on." He paused, as if something caught his attention. "Though, if there is anything that catches your attention as important feel free to bring that to attention. I just...ask you do not get caught."

@Planxty
PM
Genevieve Marchand
 Posted: Jan 15 2018, 05:24 PM
Genevieve Marchand
32 YEARS OLD
she/her
Warrior
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
templar
red templar
planxty
she/her - est

“I won’t get caught!” Genevieve snapped, speaking out on impulse without giving her words a moment’s thought before letting them out. Her heart raced and her posture stiffened as old fears and insecurities suddenly gripped her, and she couldn’t quite parse out how much of it was rational fear and how much was of it was the Red Lyrium putting her on edge. However, the fact remained that once she had been caught in that very thing, and the Knight-Captain’s words struck a particularly tender nerve.

She took a deep breath to calm herself. Yes, she had made mistakes in her past, but the past was long since dead and moving forward she would have the chance to learn from her terrible mistakes. Reminding herself of that fact gave her comfort, and she found further comfort in knowing that this really was a fairly straightforward mission. Just information gathering: no lies, no intrigue unless absolutely necessary. Depending on the situations she might face and strategies she might choose to use, she might not even need to do much sneaking around.

“Forgive my outburst. I think getting so lost on the way here has soured my mood and made me rather tense.” The tone of her voice was more even and steady now, and she even faked a little smile. Some of her confidence began to return. “I think that what you ask is well within the scope of my abilities: gather information on the Inquisition in Orlais. That I can manage without difficulty. Was there anything else?”

@Momo
[/QUOTE]
PM
Leonard Armitage
 Posted: Jan 16 2018, 01:22 AM
Leonard Armitage
32 YEARS OLD
He/Him
Warrior
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Templar
Red Knight-Captain
Momo
She/Her - MST

Leonard took the exclamation in stride. It was difficult to not grow angry, especially as the lyrium sung and made him a far more paranoid man than he already was. However, he had not gained the title of Knight-Captain for nothing. He knew that her anger was likely not rational, more fueled by side effects of the red lyrium. As a result, he had to hold patience. If he could do it for a man who had been consumed by the lyrium, then he could do it for another who was likely untouched because they had not been given as much as others.

In the face of Genevieve's anger, it became clear how closed off Leonard was. He was quiet and appeared to be untouched by what had been presented to him. The only sign of his emotions lurked in his eyes, as the light blue had come to be smothered by a now noticeable red glow, a sheer sign that he was smothering whatever emotion he was feeling.

He allowed the time to tick by in silence and with it he focused on what he now knew. It was clear that he had accidentally touched upon something sensitive. While his fellow Templar had likely not meant to, she had given him information. Clearly, she had failed once before considering her defensive nature. If he had to guess, it was likely the reason she was no longer a bard.

His gaze flickered to her face once she spoke up, now appearing a bit more normal as the song grew just a touch softer. "If you should need anything," he finally said, "Contact me. It will likely take work, but....should you need to enter a situation that is private in nature I can probably do something."

He was well aware of what he was implying, of the unused connections he was claiming he might have. However, it meant little in his mind. Technically, he thought it better to use those connections than allow them to go to waste or end up in the hands of someone unworthy. "How have things been for you otherwise, Serah? I imagine what is going on in Orlais is quite different from Ferelden," he said diplomatically, choosing to change the subject.

@Planxty
PM
Genevieve Marchand
 Posted: Jan 16 2018, 08:53 PM
Genevieve Marchand
32 YEARS OLD
she/her
Warrior
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
templar
red templar
planxty
she/her - est

His calm and measured response to her outburst was both surprising and reassuring. More importantly, it was what she needed to chase away the last bit of frustration and insecurity. Genevieve was back on an even keel with every last bit of the morning’s excitement and eagerness back in full force.

Unfortunately, that sort of rapid mood shift had become a regular part of her life ever since she started on the red lyrium: off and on, hot and cold. One moment she was calm, furious the next, and then calm again. She tried to adapt and stay level headed, but it was well nigh impossible to fight against the substance that tried to control her.

”Yes, Knight-Captain, I will keep in touch,” she answered with a nod. A playful glint showed in her eye, and she smirked before continuing. ”Different indeed! I imagine an Orlesian Knight-Captain might not simply ask me to gather information but also spread outrageous rumors about a minor nobleman, coerce a wealthy Chevalier into giving us half his fortune, and destroy the reputation of a young lady who once broke his heart all while wearing a fashionable gown...and a mask, of course.” A bit of humor at the expense of her countrymen, but Genevieve was only half joking. It wasn’t that much of an exaggeration of a bard’s life. ”Of course, I’m still willing and capable to do any of that, if necessary.”

@Momo
PM
Leonard Armitage
 Posted: Jan 20 2018, 01:22 AM
Leonard Armitage
32 YEARS OLD
He/Him
Warrior
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Templar
Red Knight-Captain
Momo
She/Her - MST

Instead of appearing uncomfortable or annoyed by the answer he had received, Leonard appeared to be amused. Unlike most Fereldens, he was slightly aware of some of the differences between Orlais and Ferelden, though that information lay primarily in Orlais' culture as it had been learned when he was only a child and his father had yet to abandon him to the Templar Order. Anything he knew of the foreign power's political standing was slightly out of date.

He chuckled, giving a rare sign of the man beneath the title and lyrium. "Somehow, I doubt most Templars have had their hearts broken." While Templars were not held by vows of chastity, the average Templar was rather...clueless when it came to courting, something which could only be blamed on how young the average Templar often was when they joined the Order. As a result, he could not help but think most Templars did not suffer from a broken heart but mused over romantic love.

Not as he did, anyway.

Of course, the reason why Leonard did not need help with breaking the hearts of women was a bit different. After all, it was not like he was interested in them in the slightest. In fact, the only person he was interested in, as far as he was concerned, hated him now.

"As for the rest..." His lips curved into a small frown. "I suppose you could say that I enjoy starting small and moving up. Probably best considering Venatori." After all, there was a chance that some of the plans for Orlais would attract attention.

@Planxty
PM
Genevieve Marchand
 Posted: Jan 20 2018, 05:34 PM
Genevieve Marchand
32 YEARS OLD
she/her
Warrior
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
templar
red templar
planxty
she/her - est

Genevieve nodded to show her understanding. ”I imagine starting smile might be a welcome change of pace fore me, a little more sensible and manageable than what I’m used to. Grand, far-reaching schemes are exciting to plan, but it’s all too easy to get ahead of oneself and get overwhelmed.” A sad fact that Genevieve learned from experience, and she was far from alone. A bard’s life rarely had a happy ending, but when she was caught up in the Grand Game, and once Genevieve made a point of ignoring that annoying truth. She would be careful, she wouldn’t make the same mistakes others did...Maker, she was lucky to still be alive.

As she continued, the tone of her voice changed to one that was less businesslike and more easy and casual. The tone of their conversation had shifted, and she reflected that change a s she spoke. ”I almost feel foolish to admit it, but I’ve never given much thought to how the Templar order differs in Orlais and Ferelden.” Other differences between the two nations crossed her mind from time to time: just brief thoughts about how backwards and uncivilized the latter was. ”I’ve always been so focused on my own life and my own culture, but I suppose many people think that way…”

Genevieve trailed off for a moment, realizing that she might be letting herself get too relaxed for such a meeting. She straightened out her spine, and the stern tone came back to her voice. ”Forgive me, Knight-Captain, for speaking about something so personal.

@Momo

PM
Leonard Armitage
 Posted: Jan 20 2018, 06:31 PM
Leonard Armitage
32 YEARS OLD
He/Him
Warrior
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Templar
Red Knight-Captain
Momo
She/Her - MST

Leonard nodded in agreement. "Such tends to be a common mistake who delve in any form of strategy." The words were likely a bit odd considering they were coming from a Ferelden, but among the two Knight-Captain's Armitage was known to be far more skilled at strategy than his Orlesian counterpart- or, he was by those who bothered to pay attention. After all, it was how he had managed to climb to the rank of Knight-Captain before the Mage-Templar war had broken out. His mind had always been his best asset, while his physical skills proved to be more of a hidden one as most underestimated him due to his physique.

It was part of why he found himself hesitant to trust Samson and less confident than others that the Venatori would be quick to success. Everybody had their losses and the group had already proven that their confidence was more of arrogance. They lacked contingency plans, seemingly quick to grasp for what others might view as too much.

One should always have some form of hesitance in their schemes.

He hummed, a thought expression taking over his relatively neutral face. "I imagine that most do not," he commented. He only considered the differences due to his position and background. Unfortunately, it was these things- the latter of which most were without knowledge about- that made him unique. "However, I imagine that there are not many differences outside of how they operate. Orlais is far bigger after all." It was a relatively diplomatic answer. After all, he was sure that Genevieve would not take well to him pointing out the flaws of Orlais that most Orlesians seemed fine ignoring. From what he understood, a good chunk of Orlais considered themselves powerful and united.

An illusion, of course. Even he knew about the civil war and the political problems that had been plaguing Orais for years. Ferelden might not have been united for long in comparison to other lands, but it did not suffer from civil wars.

He rose an eyebrow at the sudden change in posture and tone. The Knight-Captain made no move to change his demeanor. Instead, a lingering amount of amusement lurked in his gaze. "There is nothing to apologize about," he said lightly, "I am afraid that you'll find it to be something of....Ferelden culture." It was really the only way he could consider describing it. "To my understanding, we are far more casual in comparison to other lands." Of course, he did not have much to compare to. All he could recall was the few Templars he had met from the Free Marches. They talked in far more formal manners, holding a form a speech that was lacking in Ferelden unless one was speaking to royalty or someone or notable rank.

@Planxty
PM
Genevieve Marchand
 Posted: Yesterday at 05:16 pm
Genevieve Marchand
32 YEARS OLD
she/her
Warrior
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
templar
red templar
planxty
she/her - est

QUOTE (Genevieve Marchand @ Jan 20 2018, 05:34 PM)
”Far more casual indeed!” Genevieve answered with a small yet bright laugh.  ”In Orlais we have elaborate rituals of etiquette and protocol for even the littlest things.  Life is much simpler without it, but I’ll admit that sometimes I miss it.  It did have a way of making everything seem special.”

Though her overall mood was one of wishful nostalgia, she couldn’t help but feel a twinge of guilt for looking back so fondly on her old life.  It was an indulgent, sinful life that she should have been glad to leave behind, but in a way things were clearer and far more pleasant.  That was before she fell out of favor with the Orlesian courts, before her struggles with shame, illness, and addiction dragged her down...but that was another time, and damn near another Genevieve who had little in common with the woman she was today.  Dwelling on it served no purpose and cluttered her mind.

Genevieve shook her head.  ”I hope I’m not wasting  your time going on and about this, Knight-Capatin.  I haven’t lived a pleasant life, but my time as a bard was one of my good memories, even with all the complications of Orleasian intrigue.”  She rarely spoke of such personal things with her brothers and sister in arms, but she guessed that good memories were few and far between among red templars and that what few there were were well in the past.

@Momo

PM
Leonard Armitage
 Posted: Yesterday at 05:43 pm
Leonard Armitage
32 YEARS OLD
He/Him
Warrior
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Templar
Red Knight-Captain
Momo
She/Her - MST

Leonard did know the information that Genevieve offered to be true. At least among nobility, Fereldens could point out the clear differences between the two nations. He knew quite well that Orlais was a land that enjoyed indulging in an extravagance that most Fereldens held no taste for. Masquerades seemed fanciful, but wasteful to a country that was far more down to earth.

He supposed that the term doglord was not too far off from the truth, but then how could it not be when Ferelden had not too long ago been an unified land that had lived upon the land? The idea of things like The Game were preposterous and strategy was something that Fereldens associated for war and warriors. He doubted that an Orlesian could understand considering how much wealthier the land seemed to be.

His lips quirked. "Well, it exists in some form among nobility," he decided to point out. It was a fact most foreigners did not know after all, mostly because most did not realize that not all nobility were full-blooded Fereldens. There was the odd Orlesian, though it was a well known fact that such individuals struggled among the nobility. "I imagine that some comfort might come from being back among a familiar scene though?"

The Knight-Captain offered a subtle shake of his head. "I would not have scheduled this meeting if I was too busy for it." He did not bother to mention how most of the work he had was repetitive, how Ferelden seemed to be charged with far less than Orlais. It had long ago become clear to him that those above him either did not trust those within Ferelden or simply did not hold a focus upon it. Moreover, the work was simple enough that he could assign it to men below him.

A sharp anger curled within. And whose fault is that? It is hardly mine. Samson does not care- but then neither does Corypheus- and he is a poor commander. Where are the results? The Venatori have already failed once and yet they are given more work. What of the Templars? We are left to mere collection while our talents are left to waste. And what is to say that those below me will not fail? They are useless, useless, useless-

He pushed the train of thoughts to the background, attempting to swallow the deep sense of paranoia. He could not allow himself to be consumed by such things. He was a Knight-Captain and to allow such base thoughts to consume him...he knew the consequences of that.

He offered a smile. "Hopefully this mission brings you some enjoyment then," he said, "I certainly know that I qualify among those who is not brave enough for politics." A lie, but one which appeared to be true enough.

@Planxty
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

SKINNED BY Vanessa of SHINE and CAUTION

RP Lovers Shadowplay Topsites Unbound Topsites - A Video Game RP Listing Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

RPG-D RPG Initiative Avalon a Panfandom RP Sufficient Unto the Day face in the crowd UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Rise of the Believers Break the Wheel: a Season 7 GOT AU

SITE DISCORD