Hello travelers, and welcome to The Truth About Monsters. We are a Dragon Age: Inquisition forum with a minimum word count of 250 words. We know the outcome of this tragic story, but it's up to you how we get there and what choices are made along the way. So come sit by the fire, rest a while, but beware; here there be monsters.
7 Jan an Actvity Check is currently running until Jan 14th, please be sure to post there with any characters you would like to keep active. Our site wide plot Here Lies The Abyss is still ongoing! Check it out here!
NEED TO KNOW
CANON LIST
WANT ADS
Q & A
MEMBER DIRECTORY
SITE LORE
TUMBLR
SITE CREDITS

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Fayt's Friends
Fayt
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 06:01 PM
Fayt
32 YEARS OLD
N/A
OOC
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Procrastinator
Unicorn
OOC Account
She/Her - GMT

Cole

?? Years Old. Compassion. Rogue. App

Affiliation: Inquisition

Though he appears to be a young human man, Cole is a Spirit of Compassion. Originally a denizen of The Fade, he crossed over in an attempt to help a young man as he died in a dungeon cell, starved and alone. When he couldn't save him, he 'became him', mimicking his form and even adopting some of his memories.

Beyond the healing, helping and moving on, Cole isn't the best at interacting with others. Small talk and eye contact are complete mystery, though he is curious about people and the world around him, keen to ask questions to further his understanding. He himself can be difficult for others to understand and connect with, seeing as his unique insight means that sometimes he can come across as a little odd and he often says strange things with no apparent meaning or relevance.

Some find him 'creepy', as he often seems to be emotionally detached and often speaks in a monotonous tone. Sometimes. He is known to panic and and not think quite so clinically, or even rationally, when faced with a situation he doesn't understand or his 'help' is seemingly doing more harm than good. He isn't afraid to stand up for himself when faced with oppositions, whether it be with his hidden wit or his daggers. Either way, he speaks his mind and says what he means!

Though he supposedly embodies compassion and mercy, he is not afraid to kill those who hurt others. Better to kill bad people than let them keep hurting anyone, especially his friends! His greatest fear is despair and being bound or otherwise forced to hurt others against his will.

Anyone who helps others is good in his book, as far as friends and allies go! Those who make an effort to do just that, and to understand and even accept him for who or what he is, are good too! Anyone else, especially those who go out of their way to do just the opposite will be the ones to meet his wrath! Not that they'll know what's coming, until it's too late to run!

He has a very clinical understanding of love, romance and everything that goes with, but has never really considered experiencing any of it for himself. I imagine he would be at least curious though, so never say never!

It's worth noting that he understandably doesn't care much for Templars or (after a certain incident) Grey Wardens. He knows that some are different to how he perceives the majority, but he thinks in general that they are dangerous.

Info Thread

Watch this space!

## Years Old. Occupation. Class. App

Affiliation: Word

Words here, scrolling box.

CODE
[dohtml]<div class="n-site-template">

<h3>Character & Character</h3>
Respond to a plot reply using this form.

</div>
</div>[/dohtml]
PM
Momo
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 07:19 PM
Momo
23 YEARS OLD
She/Her
OOC
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Evil
Overlord of the Universe
Momo
She/Her - MST

Solas & Cole

So, I would love to do some things between Cole and Solas :D I don't have any exact ideas but I am open for anything~

Somniari & Cole

So, I think it might be interesting to have these two interact. Somniari is a mage who used to be part of the Kirkwall Circle (and before that was part of an elven cult due to her mother). Her experiences in the Circle have affected her mental health poorly. I imagine that she would be someone that Cole would think he can help. Some interesting things to play with would be the fact that Somniari has technically already attracted the help of a different spirit and she's also a Spirit Healer (so she commonly interacts with Spirits) despite her position as the Inquisition's librarian.
PM
Fayt
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 07:28 PM
Fayt
32 YEARS OLD
N/A
OOC
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Procrastinator
Unicorn
OOC Account
She/Her - GMT

Cole & Solas

I would love to thread these guys together, maybe talking about weird Fade things that only they can make any sense of lol!

As for actual ideas, best I can come up with is that they maybe run into each other/seek each other out around Skyhold? Eh, time to get our thinking caps on xD

Cole & Somniari

Sounds interesting, especially seeing as he would likely pick up on the other spirit that is/was hanging around. At least working with Spirits on a regular basis means that she would likely be somewhat accepting of Cole, even if he did drag things up that she would rather have kept hidden! Oh well, that's kind of his thing, I guess ^^

Edit: Just realised that on this site replies go in other writers plotters <facepalms>
PM
Robert♕
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 07:35 PM
Robert
25 YEARS OLD
he/him
Admin
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
mothman is bullshit
Cryptid Hunter
Robert
he/him - CST

Cole & Fenris

If you’re at all interested in running into the lyrium boy, Fenris is currently hanging around Skyhold after hearing about Hawke’s involvement there. Right now he’s pretty much just helping out with various tasks for the Inquisition and wandering around when there’s a lull. So they could potentially be assigned a random job to complete together or simply run into each other inside of Skyhold and end up talking lmao. He wouldn’t exactly be thrilled to find out Cole can ‘see the hurt’ so to say but it could prove to be interesting :3c

For a more specific encounter though as Adamant Fortress business is wrapped up Hawke will be left in the fade for an unknown amount of time/presumed dead. Which is going to hit Fenris pretty hard since he is currently in a relationship with Hawke on site. So Cole could potentially try to talk to him after all of that to try to help him move on from the whole ordeal.

PM
Momo
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 09:46 PM
Momo
23 YEARS OLD
She/Her
OOC
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Evil
Overlord of the Universe
Momo
She/Her - MST

Solas & Cole

Okay, so I think I have a few ideas :D We can easily go with whatever you would prefer. The first idea would be something taking place around when Cole first joined the Inquisition (so right around when they got to Skyhold). I imagine that around this period he would have been at greatest amount of curiosity in regards to Cole, so we could possibly do something regarding them talking and Solas trying to learn more about the strange Spirit child.

An alternative idea would be playing around with their relationship. I'm not sure how you viewed their relationship, but Solas' and Cole's relationship was something that I personally viewed as unique even in regards to his other ones with other Spirits and Demons. It struck me as being more along the lines of mentor-like or even paternal, something which I imagine comes from Cole's unique existence.

Soooo, perhaps we could do something with their interactions around Skyhold? Like, maybe Solas comes across Cole while he is helping or while Cole is struggling with someone's reaction to him. We could also do a thread where they are basically lowkey talking about Solas' problems >:P Which should be fun since he is currently in a relationship with the Inquisi.

Somniari & Cole

Chances are that she'd be rather nonchalant about Cole being a Spirit, as well as the way he talks. I imagine that she has talked to enough that she understands that they are just a bit different and, for the most part, friendly. If anything, I can see this becoming more problematic when subjects of her past came up since....well, there isn't anything good in her past >>

A possible idea to play with would maybe be him trying to help the hurt in regards to some of her memories related to how she ended up in the Circle? It could take place shortly after she ran across Hawke in Skyhold so the memories would be fresh. Her guardian at the time- a city elf- was slain by Templars because he tried to prevent her being brought in [and it is fresh because of Hawke because he's the one who tipped them off about her]. She very much blames herself about the entire thing, so it could be something to play with.

Leonard & Cole

Woops, forgot this dweeb.

So, I have an idea for these two? Leonard is a Red Templar (specifically a Knight-Captain, so he's pretty much right below Samson in terms of rank), so these two would inevitably in a negative way. I imagine that Cole would view him very simply since Leonard is a Red Templar doing bad things.

Hoooowever, an idea I had was to play with the more...complicated details about his situation. Leonard is meant to be very conflicted about his current situation. He technically wants the best for mages and thinks that the Red Templars are just the last option to a situation that lacks any good options. Moreover, he thinks Samson is a poor leader and isn't meant to actually agree with Corypheus himself (so he' more loyal to the Templars and himself).

A thing to play with would be the fact that he's meant to have a friend who refused to join the Red Templars and miiight have joined the Inquisition at some point (if he didn't, then he's just a rogue Templar doing rogue Templar things). The basic idea I have is these two crossing paths and things becoming complicated because Leonard is a jerk who is causing hurt but is also full of a lot of hurt himself (and Cole could arguably know about better qualities of him due to the friendthing).

Idk, whatca think?

PM
Isilzheha♕
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 03:31 AM
Isilzheha
h -

Valasan & Cole

Alright well you can have two versions of this elf boi right here who is a battlemage for the Inquisition. If Cole were to meet Valasan before Hawke and Fenris arrive at Skyhold they likely would get along rather well. Valasan relies heavily on spirit magic and is fascinated with them and pretty much all things Fade related even though it frightens him sometimes also. He's a pretty curious guy, extremely selfless to the point of not really focusing on his own issues and all that fun stuff. He's empathetic, rather easygoing and tends to keep an open mind with things unless he is given reason to think negatively about someone or something. He's socially awkward but still enjoys talking to people anyways even if he makes an ass of himself. However, if Cole and Valasan meet AFTER Fenris and Hawke arrive there has been some conflict between them. First it was with Fenris and then shortly after Hawke because of the conflict with Fenris and Valasan. Things weren't too terrible with Fenris but they sure were with Hawke. Long story short, Valasan is very guarded and closed off because of it moreso than he already was. He'd be a bit of a broken soul at that point considering how bad things got between him and Hawke. No matter the case Valasan would hide it as much as he can and would be interested in Cole as a person and as a spirit. So we could toss them together wherever it fits timeline wise if you wanted.

Andromalius & Cole

This guy is my pride demon posing as a Magister in Minrathous, so if we did have a thread with these two it likely would be in the Fade. Andromalius, being a demon, likely would find Cole a disgrace and rather annoying but not to the levels Envy had with him. If anything he would try to corrupt Cole and shoot him down as a spirit and could make for an interesting dynamic considering Andromalius is a corrupted wisdom spirit. Cole might even try to take away that corruption if he's not trying to stay away from him, as Andromalius had been bound by a Circle mage and made to give the mage an extra edge in his studies. He was kept in the room and unable to return back to the Fade and became corrupted by the mage's prideful nature. Given that he is a warrior and a Reaver, undertaking that ritual with his constructed human body it has given him a touch of rage although pride is what he feeds on primarily and firstly. I just figured I would toss him out there c:

Everett & Cole

This is my rogue pirate who is in Skyhold for a brief period of time before he's going to leave. He tried to steal an Inquisition ship because he needed a bigger one for an expedition he had been planning but his crew bailed on him and he wound up in Skyhold's jail. Given his relations with Hawke and Everett being who he is he managed to be freed and is pretty much just enjoying that whole fact of shirking any punishment he would have been given. He's prone to violence, cares quite little for anyone around him, and is not in it to make friends. He trusts next to no one save himself, and he does whatever he pleases, whenever he pleases, and however he pleases. Though he's not without some restraint and morals, as gray and touchy as they may be. I don't think he would like Cole very much, especially if he started digging. His mother and older sister were killed by an abomination when he was younger so he has a distrust and tentative hatred of mages except those he finds interest in. Doesn't stop him from being wary of them, of course, but he can get along with some of them. He speaks his mind and is rather rude pretty much all the time, and I think these two could be fun together.

Vivica & Cole

Vivica is my witch who operates out of the Arbor Wilds with her older sister Minerva. She's half-elf and half-human so she grew up with her mother's clan in the Brecilian Forests. She is helpful only when it gains her something, and is quite manipulative on that front though she is more forward than most witches would be. I don't think Cole would like her very much, but she would find him very amusing and likely be entertained by him and how he acts. She is scientific as well, and might take an analytical approach to him. She is also a dreamer and despite demons paining her with merely their presence alone she is fascinated in them and has taken an ash wraith as one of her forms. They could meet in Skyhold at some point if Vivica travels there though she wanders pretty much anywhere so they could potentially meet in a dream or outside of Skyhold before he ends up with the Inquisition. I'm game for whatever if she suits your fancy.

PM
Kat♕
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 03:07 PM
Kat
24 YEARS OLD
She/Her
Admin
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Procrastination
Head Admin
an actual cat
She/Her - GMT

Cole & Vela

SWEET PRECIOUS CINNAMON BUN

So there are a few things they could explore! Obviously Vela agreed to let him stay with the Inquisition as long as he helps people, so they could do a little bit of getting to know each other early on when they arrive in Skyhold with him. Vela would be curious about him for sure and probably feel the need to do a bit of mothering tbh.

If we want to go down the route of Cole snooping about in her head she has all sorts of hurts - she feels so guilty that Hawke hurt her clan mate, Valasan, felt helpless to do anything about it. Seeing the red-lyrium future also rattled her quite a bit, especially seeing her friends like that and having them sacrifice themselves to get her back to the past. There are also most definitely future hurts that Cole could spy in on but they haven't occurred quite yet ;3c She's also kinda in a relationship with Solas so he could always comment on that too!

As for Cole's future and personal quest, personally I feel Vela would go down the make-him-more-human route, though I'm happy to go with what you'd prefer as you're playing him! :)

@Fayt

PMEmail
Robert♕
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 08:36 PM
Robert
25 YEARS OLD
he/him
Admin
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
mothman is bullshit
Cryptid Hunter
Robert
he/him - CST

Cole & Fenris

He would definitely be wary of Cole from the start but would potentially have the chance to come around depending on how much they end up interacting/what all he is able to remember of their encounters whether within Skyhold itself or on various jobs. Though as for how much is remembered of Cole, if anything, I’d be fine with letting you decide that part depending on what all Cole wanted to be known of him. But Fenris would find it pretty weird if he only remembered doing things by himself or with some vague figure lmao.

And I’m down to have them go hunt a couple Red Templar together or possibly even take care of a creature causing trouble for the Inquisition or one of the places that the Inquisition is currently helping. If we go the Red Templar route though Fenris will be more on edge about it due to its seemingly infectious nature which could possibly spark conversation after dealing with the threat of the Templars.

For the Hawke stuff nobody really likes that man except Fenris LMAO so it wouldn’t come as too big a surprise. But I can give you more details on that once it happens :3c
As of right now I do know that he’ll eventually encounter a despair demon due to certain things, so I’d just need to know if you’d prefer for Cole to try interacting with him before or after that point. Any thread after the demon might include Dorian though since Fenris is going to be sticking to the mage pretty closely after all that.

PM
Momo
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 01:09 AM
Momo
23 YEARS OLD
She/Her
OOC
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Evil
Overlord of the Universe
Momo
She/Her - MST

Solas & Cole

Awesomesauce :3 Perhaps we can do something involving that period of time where the Inquisition realizes that Cole is something a bit odd (like right before the Inquisitor agreed to allow him to stay)?

Somniari & Cole

This sounds good to me :3 Is there a specific way you would like for them to meet? Somniari tends to spend most of her time in the library since she works as the librarian for the Inquisition. However, I imagine that it would not be peculiar for her to be sent into a specific situation as she is a mage and a healer.

Leonard & Cole

Well, Leonard is meant to only be in the first stages of red lyrium corruption, so he more just suffers from paranoia. He hasn't quite gotten to the whole having lyrium growing out of him yet. Plus, he's meant to be conflicted....buuut it is an affair that is completely internal so someone like Cole would probably be able to tell that his mindset is a bit different from many of the others around him. Whether he actually thinks he's worth saving thoooough >>

@Fayt
PM
Kat♕
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 02:33 PM
Kat
24 YEARS OLD
She/Her
Admin
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Procrastination
Head Admin
an actual cat
She/Her - GMT

Cole & Vela

Lmao we don't have to go down that route! Snooping probably isn't quite the right word, but he would probably be able to pick up on queues through posts and whatnot so we don't really need to focus on it if you don't want to :3

But yes I'd love to start with getting to know him - I like the idea of her coming to ask about some odd occurrences going on around Skyhold/ask about what she's been hearing. I can start if you like?

PMEmail
Planxty
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 08:34 PM
Planxty
29 YEARS OLD
she/her
OOC
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
ooc account
she/her - est

Genevieve & Cole

These two would be a hot mess.

Yes, she a red templar, so the knee jerk reaction is instant enemy, but it's more or less something she got swept up in when she was low and desperate, and she is just so...fucking...hurt. This one has a lot of baggage.

All that and Cole would honestly creep her out. She's still got the spy/bard instincts and tries to get a good read on people from their first impression. Cole is peculiar enough that it'd be very unsettling. At the same time, though, she so strongly craves real help from someone who actually cares about her. She's not used to being cared about.

...is someone cutting onions?!

PM
Isilzheha♕
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 12:01 AM
Isilzheha
h -

Valasan & Cole

Oh yeah it would totally be fun having these two interact I think they would be able to bounce off of one another fairly easily. We could always do a thread around the time Cole is allowed to stay at Skyhold or even perhaps a backdated thread in the Frostback Mountains right after Haven since he was there helping the evacuation and the like once everyone went the back way out of the Chantry. That could be an interesting setting and then perhaps one in Skyhold once everyone had begun to settle in and the like. A progression of sorts for the both of them and Valasan would certainly check up on Cole if they had met previously prior to Skyhold. Then at some point if you wanted we could see how they would fare after the incidents with Fenris and Hawke. Those of which I can PM you about because there is quite a bit of things that happened with that lmfao and I don't want to clog everything up. I am totally fine with starting at a backdated point and doing one thread with that.

Andromalius & Cole

Hell yeah hell yeah I am game for it >:3c it would be a cool thing to explore with Cole I think, or really any of the interactions he may have with the other demons currently being played on site. Andromalius would certainly get annoyed if Cole tried to turn a compassionate angle on him as he is anything but compassionate. If you don't want to be bogged down by threads right out of the gates we could do one character at a time for me since I have quite a few characters going on that can interact with Cole LMAO just lemme know what you wanna do as far as that is considered c:

Everett & Cole

HE SURE DID LMFAO. Everett is a shit entirely and has done some pretty terrible things in his day. He would definitely be wary of Cole and likely be rather skeptical of anything he may tell Everett. Though Everett has proven to be a little more swayed by the honesty of others once he knows they are telling the truth, or at the very least gaining some levels of respect for others no matter what walk of life they may come from. He is at odds with mages but is prone to also lift that hatred even if he never truly relaxes around them since he sees them as being volatile. The whole making people forget things would be touchy for him as well, especially if he remembers having gotten into it with someone but couldn't remember a damn thing about them LOL. He's quite observant and intelligent despite what his brash nature and being a DIRTY FERELDEN might present, so he would question an oversight like that quite a bit. It would be like Groundhog Day only with Everett just continuing a loop of getting into it with Cole lmfao unless Cole decided not to make him forget after understanding that it wouldn't help Everett get to a point of understanding of just what he is.

Vivica & Cole

Yaaaaaaaas please I am down for that LOL. She would be drawn to him because of that and whatever he may be up to during that time and would approach him. He might be super awkward around her or might even dislike her a little bit but she wouldn't try to harm him or do anything nefarious. Sort of like observing him in his natural habitat kind of deal.

PM
Marisa
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 10:58 AM
Marisa
20 YEARS OLD
She/Her
OOC
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Panda Panda
Student
Marisa
She/Her - GMT+2

Varric & Cole

Okay so! Varric is kind of fond of the boy right? At least in game he is. So I was thinking that they could have a nice little chit-chat of some sorts xD ..I'm really bad at planning and don't really have any other ideas, but we can plan together if you find this idea good x3

Marina & Cole

Marina is my desire demon bab and she is currently in tevinter, so they would most likely meet in the fade. She likes to talk to other members of the fade, but spirits usually are judgmental about her and her actions. She was a spirit of purpose before, twisted into desire. I was thinking about a simple sudden meet up in the fade and we would see where that would lead x3
PMWebsite
Momo
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 06:40 PM
Momo
23 YEARS OLD
She/Her
OOC
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Evil
Overlord of the Universe
Momo
She/Her - MST

Cole

These all sound good to me! Is there a specific one you would like to start with or do all of them or some other third thing? I'm fine with either taking the threads one at a time or all at one. Whatever you would prefer to be honest :)

@Fayt
PM
Planxty
 Posted: Jan 11 2018, 08:56 PM
Planxty
29 YEARS OLD
she/her
OOC
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
ooc account
she/her - est

Genevieve & Cole

Since she's kind of in the early phases of the red lyrium effects, there's still more of the real Gen coming though, and her work as a spy has her moving through normal society more and less waving around a giant glowing red crystal sword at everything that moves, so the potential for non-hostile interactions is definitely there.

Occasionally, she has these moments where she has to drop everything and pray to keep from having a nervous breakdown, maybe Cole could run into her during one of those tricky moments?

PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply

SKINNED BY Vanessa of SHINE and CAUTION

RP Lovers Shadowplay Topsites Unbound Topsites - A Video Game RP Listing Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

RPG-D RPG Initiative Avalon a Panfandom RP Sufficient Unto the Day face in the crowd UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Rise of the Believers Break the Wheel: a Season 7 GOT AU

SITE DISCORD