Hello travelers, and welcome to The Truth About Monsters. We are a Dragon Age: Inquisition forum with a minimum word count of 250 words. We know the outcome of this tragic story, but it's up to you how we get there and what choices are made along the way. So come sit by the fire, rest a while, but beware; here there be monsters.
1 April Happy Easter everyone! To celebrate we have a mini event going called The Grand Tourney. Check it out: Here!
NEED TO KNOW
CANON LIST
WANT ADS
Q & A
MEMBER DIRECTORY
SITE LORE
TUMBLR
SITE CREDITS

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Orchid's Oracles, Orchid's Plotter!
Orchid
 Posted: Mar 4 2018, 05:40 PM
Orchid
23 YEARS OLD
She/Her
OOC
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
OOC powers
The Mother of Dragons
Orchid
She/Her - EST

Leliana, the Spymaster, has been added to the plotter! :D
PM
Momo
 Posted: Mar 4 2018, 07:21 PM
Momo
23 YEARS OLD
She/Her
OOC
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Evil
Overlord of the Universe
Momo
She/Her - MST

Solas & Leliana

So, I can imagine a few things here. It is pretty much heavily implied that among all of the advisors, Solas works with Leliana the most, no doubt due to the fact that missions tend to require sending out her scouts and so asking for his expertise likely involves just going to him next after information has been gained (and so final result is handed to Vela).

I'm thinking that this could be something that is genuinely friendly in nature since some of the things that Leliana seems to actually hold an interest in Solas doesn't entirely hide about knowing. Moreover, he doesn't come across as a cruel individual, making blatant comments about how he dislikes practices such as handing out death sentences and is all for mage freedom, etc etc. Alternatively, it might be something that is relatively friendly but has subtext of mistrust. The game sort of hints at the fact that Leliana has scouts spy on Solas (and for things others would think to be seemingly mundane, like the painting of the rotunda) and Solas doesn't seem surprised by it.

Radonis & Leliana

So, Radonis has his own spy network, one which he is highly integrated into himself due to a mixture of lies, rumours, and disguises (and the occasional murder). I was thinking it might be fun for these two to possibly cross paths due to a mutual cause. Perhaps they are both following a lead that they believe will lead to a traitor and it leads to the same person [possibly working for the Venatori since Radonis happens to hate them and the air they breathe XD]? Or something like that? I imagine that if it was a difficult trail to follow for their own networks it could explain why they were doing it themselves...

I imagine that it might lead to an interesting interaction since Tevinter has reached out to the Inquisition around this time in the plot if I recall.

PM
Planxty
 Posted: Mar 4 2018, 09:17 PM
Planxty
29 YEARS OLD
she/her
OOC
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
ooc account
she/her - est

Genevieve & Leliana

I'm thinking these two should have a history from their old bard days. I could see this going a number. Probably frenemies, I imagine bards have plenty of frenemies. I'm also game for them having had a little fling at some point? Feel free for shooting that one down, just saying that I'm game for it, and that past!Gen was too.

Anyway, fast forward to the present day, and it's all spy vs spy (see what I did there?) Gen tries to keep a low profile, but I bet Lels is an awesome enough spymaster to puzzle it out. Where to go from there...? All I know is I definitely want some past involvement here.

PM
Momo
 Posted: Mar 8 2018, 03:04 PM
Momo
23 YEARS OLD
She/Her
OOC
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Evil
Overlord of the Universe
Momo
She/Her - MST

Solas & Leliana

That sounds good to me :D I like the sound of them looking into Dirthamen's Temple. Perhaps they could be looking into the magic within that place, seeing as elven magic was pretty much everywhere (particularly of the ancient variety). It would explain the mutual interest.

Radonis & Leliana

Ooo, I like the idea of it being a Venatori general. Chances are that Radonis would already know who it is since he canonically pretty much has a list of names of Venatori members, so he'd likely recognize an important peep unless they were new. Plus, a general would mean that his end of the trail was difficult because he realized someone else was hiding a traitor in his ranks.

dead people all around

I definitely agree about the bit about their interactions. I'm definitely seeing potential exchange of information going on as well.

PM
Planxty
 Posted: Mar 8 2018, 08:57 PM
Planxty
29 YEARS OLD
she/her
OOC
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
ooc account
she/her - est

Genevieve & Leliana

Angry fight over tea?!? I am here for this
PM
Momo
 Posted: Mar 9 2018, 02:50 PM
Momo
23 YEARS OLD
She/Her
OOC
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Evil
Overlord of the Universe
Momo
She/Her - MST

Solas & Leliana

Sounds good to me. I'll get something up today.

Radonis & Leliana

Hmmm, either after when Here Lies the Abyss took place or late Bloomingtide. They'd differ in place I'd imagine though. In Bloomingtide, Radonis was closer to the South, having traveled as far as Orlais at one point. By Here Lies the Abyss, he was by the Silent Plains so it would have to be closer to the North.

PM
Planxty
 Posted: Mar 9 2018, 03:02 PM
Planxty
29 YEARS OLD
she/her
OOC
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
ooc account
she/her - est

Genevieve & Leliana

Past thread sounds good. I had an idea: maybe they could meet at some sort of epic several day long epic celebration at some noble's country estate. Gen favors the bow as well, so maybe they could do some target practice to blow off some steam between the festivities. Another thought: maybe Marjolaine and the Baron du Moreau could be frenemies too? Just to make things all the more complicated, and because frenemies are plentiful in Orlais XD
PM
Planxty
 Posted: Mar 10 2018, 03:23 PM
Planxty
29 YEARS OLD
she/her
OOC
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
ooc account
she/her - est

Genevieve & Leliana

YES I AM EXCITE i can start

PM
Rada
 Posted: Mar 17 2018, 10:31 PM
Rada
n/a YEARS OLD
n/a
OOC
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
rada
she/her - mountain

Callistus & Ophelia

Let's do this

This marriage was arranged for Callistus and Ophelia -- I wonder if she had any say in it? Did she decide, at some point, that marrying Callistus would be acceptable?

On his end, Callistus is kind of feeling like a prostitute right now. Not that he has anything against the profession (very sex-positive, this one), his aunt just blindsided him with this. Callistus probably could have disagreed to the match. But, it seemed like his family was dead-set on marrying him off to someone, and Ophelia is both beautiful and a vineyard owner so why not. I doubt he would know she owns the brothel, but he'd have seen her around at social events. How well they knew each other (if at all) could go either way, though.

But back to the present, Callistus believes marriages trade deals separate from love or affection that may or may not be present. He's also confused as to why Ophelia (or her family) chose him or what is even expected of him (children? monogamy? an interest in politics?). I think he'll probably end up in love with Ophelia as their relationship develops if they can discover their common values. In the beginning, though, it's such a foreign situation for Callistus that he's bound to do things that rub Ophelia the wrong way. It depends on how long they've been married, but it might be fun to play out the early days of their relationship.

PM
Rada
 Posted: Mar 24 2018, 07:33 PM
Rada
n/a YEARS OLD
n/a
OOC
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
rada
she/her - mountain

Callistus & Ophelia

Okay I LOVE the idea of them having met, but not realizing exactly who they were engaged to. It's likely that Callistus was told that he'd be marrying Magister Eos, as that's what auntie Allegra knows Ophelia as. Allegra probably told him a little about Ophelia under the assumption that he can match the name/title to the face; whereas Callistus was satisfied with the details he got since he feels he doesn't get a vote anyway. Do you think they would have met before the wedding? Which, btw, if your headcannon was that they aren't married yet, we can pretend his last name isn't Eos right now lol.

I had this idea in mind that down the road, he ends up sneaking around and gets caught at her brothel or something. Or goes there while Ophelia's there (though idk if she's a patron of her own brothel) and catches her.

PM
Rada
 Posted: Apr 5 2018, 08:14 PM
Rada
n/a YEARS OLD
n/a
OOC
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
rada
she/her - mountain

Ophelia & Calllistus

No worries, I 200% understand!

The poison thing is perfect. Callistus would have heard of a Magister Eos, but he wouldn't assume that was necessarily her (could be a parent or a sibling, for example). His family holds a magisterium seat, for example, which neither he nor his father have anything to do with. It might also be that some Magisters send servants to his shop instead of stopping in themselves. This could be like the first time they meet before their wedding, too, and maybe her family's serving expensive Eos wine and all this fancy food... And boom, poison. Off to a bad start right off the bat, all the family involved are upset, drama ensues.

Okay, we HAVE to do a thread at the brothel at some point in the future. He'll be feeling all conflicted: on one hand he doesn't want to hurt her feelings, on the other, the marriage isn't going that great. And maybe a good chunk of Ophelia's time is taken up by her businesses anyway, leaving Callistus more alone than he'd like. But then we get the best possible ending to an affair possible!

PM
Rada
 Posted: Apr 7 2018, 11:35 AM
Rada
n/a YEARS OLD
n/a
OOC
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
rada
she/her - mountain

Ophelia & Callistus

Hell yeah, let's do it! Do you want to start it or should I?

PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply

SKINNED BY Vanessa of SHINE and CAUTION

RP Lovers Shadowplay Topsites Unbound Topsites - A Video Game RP Listing Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

RPG-D RPG Initiative Avalon a Panfandom RP Sufficient Unto the Day face in the crowd UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Rise of the Believers Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU

SITE DISCORD