Hello travelers, and welcome to The Truth About Monsters. We are a Dragon Age: Inquisition forum with a minimum word count of 250 words. We know the outcome of this tragic story, but it's up to you how we get there and what choices are made along the way. So come sit by the fire, rest a while, but beware; here there be monsters.
1 April Happy Easter everyone! To celebrate we have a mini event going called The Grand Tourney. Check it out: Here!
NEED TO KNOW
CANON LIST
WANT ADS
Q & A
MEMBER DIRECTORY
SITE LORE
TUMBLR
SITE CREDITS

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

slowly we fell into slumber, solas/momo
Vela Lavellan
 Posted: Apr 11 2018, 04:54 PM
Vela Lavellan
28 YEARS OLD
She/Her
Mage
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Keeper
Inquisitor
Kat
She/Her - GMT

"I should wish you have better success than I." It made her wonder how many clans he must have visited, how many times he had been turned away as a blasphemer, a flat ear, to have made him react so bitterly the first time they had talked about such a topic. It upset her to think that so many of her people had been so closed minded. Opportunities to learn and gather more information about their lost heritage were few and far between, so what if it was something you didn't want to hear? No one liked being told they were wrong all this time but surely finding lost history, no matter what it was, was better than losing it altogether? "Maybe we could do it together?" Her tone was light, a passing thought that she hadn't really put too much thought into. "Us Lavellans are more open minded than some of the other clans. I'm sure Keeper Deshanna would be curious to meet you." Among other members of her family she was sure, but she wasn't so away with the fairies that she knew how awkward a 'come meet my parents' conversation would be. Mention of her Keeper had her mind wander for a brief moment to the faces of her parents, of her friends and other loved ones that she left behind.

Such thoughts she let slip away back into the recesses of her mind. Homesickness was already a common enough feeling for her and here, with Solas, she wished to feel something other than fear or sorrow. Perhaps she would even let herself feel the weight of her responsibilities slip from her shoulders, a heavy armor that she wore often. Maybe it was selfish to want to focus, if just for an evening, on something that made her happy, but when Solas stepped back and held out his hand to her she couldn't bring herself to care.

With her heart skipping against her chest when her slim hand slipped into his, she let herself move closer, her other arm resting against his shoulder. One, two, three; his steps were fluid, as sleek as the ice he was so fond of conjuring, and he led her so confidently across the floor, weaving in and our of their silent companions to the beat of a quiet tune.

Her next move was an impulse, spurred by the muted atmosphere and perhaps emboldened by the fact that, technically, this was a dream. His body was warm and inviting and it only took a small tilt of her chin and a swift perch to her toes to place her lips against his. A soft touch to the corner of his mouth that lingered for only a few second before she reclined back again, letting her warm breath fan across the hollow of his neck. His skin had been soft and he felt solid, real. Earlier on she might have apologised for such a spontaneous action, but if she had uttered the words now she knew they would have been a lie. "I almost wish we didn't have to leave." She let her forehead rest under his chin, a content smile hovering on her lips. "I would have never thought the fade could be so peaceful."

PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply

SKINNED BY Vanessa of SHINE and CAUTION

RP Lovers Shadowplay Topsites Unbound Topsites - A Video Game RP Listing Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

RPG-D RPG Initiative Avalon a Panfandom RP Sufficient Unto the Day face in the crowd UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Rise of the Believers Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU

SITE DISCORD