Hello travelers, and welcome to The Truth About Monsters. We are a Dragon Age: Inquisition forum with a minimum word count of 250 words. We know the outcome of this tragic story, but it's up to you how we get there and what choices are made along the way. So come sit by the fire, rest a while, but beware; here there be monsters.
11 Feb Thread roulette partners have been done and the Here Lies the Abyss event has been closed. Thanks everyone who participated! ♡
NEED TO KNOW
CANON LIST
WANT ADS
Q & A
MEMBER DIRECTORY
SITE LORE
TUMBLR
SITE CREDITS

Add Reply

Day Lights
Day
 Posted: Nov 23 2017, 11:24 PM
Day
27 YEARS OLD
She/Her
OOC
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
--
--
Day
She/Her - EST

Eirik Vadi

20 Years Old. Marauder. Rogue. App

Affiliation: None

♦ Belonged to a Dalish clan that went full-on bandit due (in part) to the death of their Keeper with no subsequent First. Responsible for terrorizing the Hinterlands and surrounding areas until heightened security tore them apart, survivors branching off in small groups, pairs, or loners.
♦ Wanders the hills of Ferelden most times but sometimes ventures into populated areas when he needs to exchange stuff
♦ Tends to be sorta rude!!
♦ Ears have been cut off!!
♦ BUT!! Can be just fine w a friend!! U can always condition him to like you w/snacks

Friends.
There are some Eirik might take to more than others; he would probably align himself with those on the "renegade" side of the spectrum (for lack of a better term). He is also more likely to react favorably towards elves of all kinds, whether Dalish or not. Anyone else might have an uphill battle, but he's quite loyal once he's found a friend! Eirik makes a ride-or-die companion and can even become a bit clingy and attention-seeking.
Ironically his vasallin derives from Sylaise, as finding a home has always eluded him and occupies a big chunk of his wants & motivations.
    Enemies.
A lot! Eirik has been an enemy of the common folk for a long time and shows little remorse for it. He doesn't take much stock in human/social laws. He obviously has a bone to pick with the world and he likes to let people know. This can range from annoying to dangerous depending on the person. So it is really not hard to imagine how he could be an "enemy" to someone!
    Lovers.
Despite first impressions, Eirik has a depth of emotional capacity in him and longs for connection. Can even be considered a bit of a "romantic" but rarely has the means to act it out; upon meeting the right person he can even come onto them pretty hard, be extremely flirty, etc. Eirik is homosexual and is only interested in men.
    Inquisition.
Eirik is a scout working for Leiliana. His job duties include tracking, finding, and occasionally, assassinating.

Vadior Aerlius

45 years old. Magister. Mage. App

Affiliation: Tevinter

♦ Part of a long-standing family within the Tevinter magisterium known for its strong magical blood.
♦ Staunchly traditionalist. Doesn’t say so officially but believes mages should rightfully rule Tevinter. A practitioner of blood magic. Sometimes recognized as a war hero & mage general in the fight at Seheron.
♦ Arrogant, comes across as cold, tactical, practical-minded, takes his role as patriarch of the Aerlius house seriously
♦ A father!!!

Friends.
Vadior is a part of the Magisterium and has a seat on the Imperial Senate. It’s in his best interest to get along with his fellow magisters if only for the purpose of ally-ship. Actual, genuine affection is hard to get from him, but not impossible, especially if one becomes entangled in his personal life. Still, a friend must remain useful and accommodating if the relationship is to continue.
    Enemies.
A magister of Tevinter is automatically set up to make a lot of enemies, and not necessarily the ones at home. Vadior is a slave-holder and a trader; he has blood on his hands, mostly qunari, but also many innocents. A natural enemy of templars or anyone who advocates an eastern-style Circle, or, obviously, anyone anti-mage.
    Lovers.
Vadior has a habit of racking up with women much younger than himself because he is your typical socially-powerful heterosexual. Most of them are casual flings, but there is a chance of real connection given his partner is just as depraved and makes herself a valuable ally. Getting along with his two daughters is a plus.
Keta Brolba

27 years old. Self-taught fighter. Warrior. App

Affiliation: Familial

♦ Adopted by a married pair of dwarven merchants.
♦ Keta protected their caravan, learning the art of a warrior as she went.
♦ Gentle and conscientious.
♦ Not quite a part of the Inquisition, but practically lives at Skyhold as an honorary merchant. Interested in becoming a soldier or a mercenary, as her parents have stopped traveling for now and she finds herself with much more free time.

Friends.
Keta is a gentle giant. She knows that those unfamiliar with qunari might be afraid of her, but she does not really understand it. As she was always on the move with her family, Keta hasn't made many long-term friends, but has an untapped wealth of generosity and affection to give.
    Enemies.
Keta is a bit afraid of magic, but is not against mages themselves. She reacts negatively towards cruel or bigoted actions. Naturally, anyone who threatens herself and particularly her family (including their ox Gorehead) is subject to her wrath.
    Lovers.
She hasn't so much as thought of romance before, and can hardly begin picturing herself as part of a couple where depictions and examples of her race have been so far and few between. That said, Keta is open to all genders but is oblivious to subtlety.
PM
Momo
 Posted: Nov 23 2017, 11:59 PM
Momo
23 YEARS OLD
She/Her
OOC
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Evil
Overlord of the Universe
Momo
She/Her - MST

Somniari & Eirik

So, it sounds like these two might get along well. Somniari is a half-elf who became part of the Inquisition when the mages were recruited. She's kind of rough around the edges since she's meant to be among the few mages that were formerly part of Kirkwall's Circle annnd it would be an understatement to say that life has not treated her well. The only thing that may or may not touch upon anything is that she technically holds vallaslin that belong to one of the Forgotten Ones, though she doesn't personally worship them.

Anyway, if these two got along I would imagine them as opposites to a degree? Somniari is incredibly quiet and distrustful of others, so I kind of envision it as a situation where he tries to be clingy and she seems to be perpetually done with him LOL

Outside of that, she could try recruiting him to the Inquisition but that might depend on what sort of arguments you see as working on him. This gal is more loyal to herself than the Inquisition, so she'd probably present survivalist arguments. Except...very poorly worded.

PM
Momo
 Posted: Nov 24 2017, 01:05 AM
Momo
23 YEARS OLD
She/Her
OOC
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Evil
Overlord of the Universe
Momo
She/Her - MST

Somniari & Eirik

Dragons, demons, and bears- oh my!

This all sounds good to me :3 Crossing paths while she is on Inquisition business would definitely work. She probably goes on less stabby- or what is presumed to be, anyway- missions since she's the sort of healer that's technically helpful in battle but probably seen as burdensome outside of it. So perhaps the manner in which they meet could either be because of something along the way (like apostastes or equally troublesome individuals) or it ends up being unlike what was expected, he gets caught up, and she diverts her attention to also helping him?

PM
Isilzheha♕
 Posted: Nov 24 2017, 02:32 AM
Isilzheha
h -

Valasan & Eirik

WELL to start off with I have my favorite son here, Valasan, who is a battlemage in the Inquisition. He's a pretty empathetic, heart on the sleeve kinda guy and although he has been learning to conceal his emotions better over time he still struggles with it. He's got his heart in the right place, although his decisions sometimes can be rash and not really the best course of action when he's attempting to do something. He's righteous, in a sense, and doesn't much like when others are being hurt or injustice is being placed upon them. I feel he and Eirik would clash a bit if they were to meet, especially with Eirik being a bit younger and rowdy compared to Valasan. He's an improviser and not the best in social situations when first meeting someone, and usually the best thing for Valasan is to toss him into different scenarios with different people and see what happens. 'Cause he fits in pretty much any situation and he does enjoy meeting new people even if it ends on a bad note.

Everett & Eirik

And then here I have my Ferelden human rogue, who is also a pirate, and he is very much all for himself and screw everyone else. Given his past he tends to stick to his own, though he does travel around quite a bit being who he is. I am not sure how he would react to Eirik, as Everett tends to care little what others are doing or how they are unless it impacts him in some way. He abhors mages, and thinks them all to be abominations waiting to happen, even though he is friends with one. LOL. He's a hypocrite in that regard, but it alludes to a deep-rooted trust and camaraderie that comes from the walls coming down. Very, very few hold his trust but when they obtain that level with him he is loyal until the end. Unless you slight him or go back on that trust, then he will have no issue in shanking you. He's also volatile, a bit of a charmer when he puts some effort in and finds you worth it, and very much still a wild child. He is another one that could fit in any situation so I could think up some ideas for how they come across one another but I am also fine with just tossing them together as well.

PM
Robert♕
 Posted: Nov 24 2017, 04:15 AM
Robert
25 YEARS OLD
he/him
Admin
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
mothman is bullshit
Cryptid Hunter
Robert
he/him - CST

Eirik & Fenris (& possibly Hawke)

Now I can't say that these guys would really get along very well from the start but there's potential should they be able to find some sort of equal ground through a bit of interaction. But depending on the time frame Hawke (played by Craig) and Fenris will be traveling through various parts of Thedas after the Adamant Fortress business is over and done with. Though any time before then could be backdated if you'd be interested in running into these two trouble makers together.

For a solo encounter option, Fenris will be wandering around doing various jobs for the Inquisition (despite not really wanting to be there) until he finally just ends up leaving Skyhold. But for these guys to meet there can always be something that sends him off into the Hinterlands or one of the surrounding areas if you'd be interested in running into him. Though if asked he would likely encourage Eirik not to get involved with the Inquisition for various reasons lmao.

Personality wise Fenris has held on to his distrust (especially of mages) over the years and tends to keep himself rather guarded, preferring to keep others at bay than to truly let them in. Depending on the situation he can be volatile and fairly easy to irritate though he will not always act on such feelings. Currently he's in a relationship with Hawke, who is a mage-killer and major asshole on this site. With mostly red decisions made Hawke is highly aggressive towards those he doesn't care for and sees himself as far more important than he truly is. Often times going out of his way to start confrontations with those he encounters especially if they are mages.

PM
Momo
 Posted: Nov 24 2017, 12:28 PM
Momo
23 YEARS OLD
She/Her
OOC
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Evil
Overlord of the Universe
Momo
She/Her - MST

Somniari & Eirik

This all sounds good to me :D Is there anywhere you want this to take place specifically?
PM
Isilzheha♕
 Posted: Nov 24 2017, 02:20 PM
Isilzheha
h -

Valasan & Eirik

Oh yeah I don't see these two getting along at all initially, though depending how the encounter goes it isn't entirely out of the realm of possibility for Valasan to sort of look past the initial irritation and judgment. He tends to keep an open mind as much as possible, the Lavellan clan being one of the few who interacted with humans with trade and all that. So he enjoys learning new culture and he is religious towards the elven gods but he won't be one to shove it down the throat of others or judge others for what they believe in. So I think if it got to the point where Valasan could look past some of that he would find Eirik both strange and intriguing. He's always super curious, sometimes a little too much and it gets him into trouble. So I am down to just toss them into something and see what happens! He could be with some scouts helping defense-wise and wanders off on his own, because he also definitely does that more than he probably should lmfao. He wouldn't be hostile towards Eirik unless he is attacked but that wouldn't count for his shit-talking 'cause sometimes that also gets him into trouble. It'll be interesting to see them interact!

Everett & Eirik

Everett is notorious for fighting first and making friends later. He would have no issue and no hesitation with wanting to kill Eirik if he were to attack first and attempt to ambush him. But he would stay his hand depending how that encounter goes as well, if they ended up having a stalemate or one of them surrendering. Everett might even try and give him pointers and see him as a potential ally for his crew, since he also is younger and there would be room for improvement as well as teaching him some things. If Eirik is joining the Inquisition as some point Everett would go BOOOO but at the same time he would respect it even though he might tell him it's a waste of time lmao. So I think something more on the action side of things for a first meeting would be pretty great! He loves that kinda shit anyways. Eirik might even remind him a bit of himself when he was younger, although Everett went to a bit of a darker side of things.

PM
Freya Salviati
 Posted: Nov 26 2017, 12:30 AM
Freya Salviati
26 YEARS OLD
She/Her
Inactive
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Assassin
Runaway
Jess
She/Her - Eastern

Freya & Eirik

Freya wants to love him and pet him and squeeze him and call him George. Okay, seriously, though. If these two ever met, Freya's "big sister" instincts would kick in immediately. He's lost and alone and so is she, elves but not true Dalish, suffering at the hands of the humans. I have no idea how to get her to the Hinterlands but I would love for them to meet. She'd mother him so hard, oh my gosh.
PM
Orchid
 Posted: Dec 2 2017, 05:37 PM
Orchid
23 YEARS OLD
She/Her
OOC
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
OOC powers
The Mother of Dragons
Orchid
She/Her - EST

Lynn & Eirik

Lynn has a lot of love-hate relationships and I could see Eirik being one of them. She'll love his personality, probably want to get into some sort of trouble with him (that's her thing lmao), and he'll even get a nice nickname from her! It may not be very clever but he'll get one lmao. I imagine she plays chess, sounds like something she'd do! I have zero idea how to play so that blows for us. Seriously, I'd love for them to get into a thread together. :D
PM
Lexi
 Posted: Jan 28 2018, 09:37 PM
Lexi
21 YEARS OLD
She/Her
OOC
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Crippling Depression
Broke College Student
Lexi
She/Her - Eastern

Eto & Eirik

It would be interesting for these two to meet pre inquisition or sometime before the events of Haven c: Eto would know most locations that Dalish clans would set camp or maybe run into Eirik at a elven ruin or something of the like? She'd be pretty wary of Erik too, knowing that the Dalish aren't fond of humans.

Another possibility is Eto speaking elven prayers or something of the like and Eirik thinking its another elf only to find this gigantic woman standing there. It would be definitely quite a interesting interaction/meeting right away for both of them.

The conversation of different clans might be an eye opener for both of them, between Eirik's clan life and Elegessil with how Eto grew up or anything like that.

Eto & Keta

So Eto has been with the 'Inquisition' since the explosion of the ToSA, literally on the path to it. She's been around for quite some time but it wasn't until the Inquisition was official that she became one of their agents.

It isn't hard to miss a 6'0" halfblood human walking around Skyhold mostly training with the soldiers or helping attend to the sick with salves and the such. Eto's seen / passed by a few Qunari so it would be interesting for her getting to know a Vashoth even if Keta doesn't know anything about being 'Qunari'.

Being a merc isn't all that big as it seems and Eto would probs tell Keta that honestly. But with enough nudging she would definately teach Keta if she really wanted to learn. It'd be sweet to see Eto open up to a mush like Keta .

PM
Momo
 Posted: Jan 28 2018, 10:43 PM
Momo
23 YEARS OLD
She/Her
OOC
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Evil
Overlord of the Universe
Momo
She/Her - MST

Radonis & Vadior

So, I imagine that these two might end up having had some form of interaction either in the past or present due to either their positions or the fact that they both come from the same social class. Exactly how they would get along is fairly open though. Radonis is fairly similar in that he does not allow most people to see what he is truly like, both in regards to his personality and opinions. Instead, he keeps up a political façade that not only serves him well in Tevinter but even outside of it. Basically, he acts like the perfect politician: likeable, diplomatic, untouchable, and completely fake.

I imagine that how they interact might have to boil down to how traditional you imagine Vadior is? I don't particularly see Radonis hating him- that takes work- but more having that attitude where he acts like he genuinely cares and agrees with Vadior...while he internally probably just classifies him as not a problem, but fairly average (honestly, he probably thinks it in a particularly mean way lmao).

In regards to Vadior though...Radonis is not the most traditional Archon, even on a surface level? Mind you, he acts like one, keeping his opinions close to his chest and rarely using his power like people expect the Archon to do. He probably only steps up and does something when the Magisterium is being particularly stupid (which he considers to be often, but I more of mean beyond the typical stupid lol).The biggest problems one could have with him are how he was brought into power. The position of Archon is something that is inherited and Radonis wasn't a biological heir to the last Archon. Rather, he became a friend to the last Archon and was made his heir shortly before he was assassinated. He also had a long history of scandals (from how late he gained his magic to unprovable gossip that he murdered his father and the Magister that took him on as an apprentice). Plus, it is a bit complex but people weren't exactly expecting Radonis to be the next Archon.

Basically, he looks good in a crown and knows how to defend it from the haters ;)

If they ever met when they were younger I imagine that any sort of relationship might be absurdly complex :P Radonis technically start showing magic until absurdly late (when he was twenty), and once he did he shaped into a powerful mage. Basically akin to the kid people bullied and then turned into the HBIC.

Melaena & Vadior

This could go a few ways. Melaena is part of the Imperial Senate, but she is part of the lower house, the Practicarium. As such, she has little power and is considered a bureaucrat (something which is technically not true on her part). She's also a step below Vadior on the social latter.

The way I see it, Melaena would hate Vadior in the typical Tevinter hierarchy way of "people below envy those who are above them." She'd particularly dislike him since, in her mind, the only thing that has ever stopped her family from rising has been her family's status which they can't change [in truth, there is probably also the fact that many members of family just have not been powerful enough to be Magisters]. She definitely would not show this though. In fact, she'd probably attempt to interweave herself either as ally or directly into his life.

She'd either do this through her reputation or someone else's. To be brief, she's a blood mage who tends to steal the appearances of others with her magic. Soooo, this could go a lot of ways :3

Somniari & Keta

Sooooo, I kind of like the idea of Somniari being subject to some form of bullying (either a slightly subtle form that she's obviously uncomfortable with or something outright obvious) and Keta possibly reacting to it negatively because no your cruelty ain't okay. Chances are that she'd be completely flustered in such a situation since Somniari probably isn't entirely used to people wanting to help.

@Day
PM
Momo
 Posted: Jan 31 2018, 11:47 AM
Momo
23 YEARS OLD
She/Her
OOC
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
Evil
Overlord of the Universe
Momo
She/Her - MST

Radonis & Vadior

Ooo I definitely like this idea :D In regards to the alliance, do you have a specific idea to that? I'm thinking something along the ideas of "the enemy of my enemy is by friend" going on? Sooo, even if the alliance was an uneasy one they'd probably be able to get along due to a few core beliefs. For instance, Radonis loathes the Venatori (and technically- in canon- tried to stamp out their leaders before they really gained power...and almost succeeded). I kind of imagine him not completely hiding this fact. He'd obviously not outright state that he is against the movement since that would be unwise, but he likely phrases things when the subject comes up or anything similar so that anyone who can read through lines understands that he does not wholly agree with the ideals. Also, they might have common ground on Vadior's beliefs with mages; it's just the technicalities that might cause grumbling XD

Melaena & Vadior

I do imagine that that would be something she'd normally hide. Probably kind of treat it like the Venatori Magisters we see in the game? Never particularly mention it, but are constantly manipulating others towards your goal...whether that means harming them or not.

I do like the idea of a weird understanding. Melaena probably doesn't meet many people she considers similar to herself, so meeting someone that she comes to realize struggles with emotions like she does would definitely create something of an odd understanding.

Somniari & Keta

Ffff this would definitely be cute! I can see her questioning further protection, but in like...in a way where she clearly didn't expect it and is just confused. As a side note, I can imagine Somniari having some amount of lowkey infatuation. Like reaaally lowkey since she's probably used to ignoring that due to what the Circle was like.

@Day
PM
Daisy
 Posted: Feb 12 2018, 01:33 AM
Daisy
20 YEARS OLD
She/Her
OOC
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
:D
Professional Idiot
Daisy
She/Her - CST

Keta & Bodie

hey Um i think i'm in love with Keta??? like really she's so perf, what a gosh darn cutie lol

Both of those ideas could work real well! If Bodie were to steal something from their caravan it probably wouldn't just be for shits and giggles, but I can see him doing it if he, say, lost his dagger or something and then saw them on the road. Like, oh, a convenient caravan filled with well-crafted dwarven smithing? Hey thanks that's perfect. He'd probably try to nick a thing or two off them while they’re traveling, or maybe when they’re setting up camp for the night? And Keta could just straight up catch him in the act, oops. He'd be relatively apologetic. Guess it depends on how forgiving she is after that lol

If we wanted to have them meet in a city (denerim?), that works great too. Maybe bodie gets caught in some kind of negotiation gone wrong with a very aggressive human who refuses to pay up, and Keta steps in to help persuade the situation, just assuming bodie’s an average merchant or something. But actually, whoops, she just unwittingly helped a Carta deal go through lol. I think Bodie would actually get along with her p well. I'd love to see them interacting for a bit, while he just… subconsciously knows there's something dwarf-y about her, but can't quite place it. It nags at him, bc something about this Qunari feels vaguely familiar and he doesn't know why. He can't figure it out until she either mentions it or he sees her parents, and then he's just like Oh!! Okay! It all makes sense now! She's just a really Tall Dwarf!! Yeah!!!

Any other ideas/amendments that you can think of? I'm good with whatever you prefer. I'd be more than happy to start us a thread once we get a location/date sorted out :D

Eirik & Bodie

Yeah these two could be fun! I don't have anything super concrete, but maybe they could both be scouting around in the same general area, and they basically just keep accidentally tripping over each other. Like the first time it's just kind of whatever, the second time it's a weird coincidence slash side eyeing each other suspiciously, and the third time it's finally like “You again?? Wtf?” and we could take their interaction from there.
PMEmail
Planxty
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 09:50 PM
Planxty
29 YEARS OLD
she/her
OOC
SHIPPER
REQUEST
APPLICATION
DEVELOPMENT
ooc account
she/her - est

Iovita & Keta

OK, so these two got put together for roulette, and I wanna do something like The Hangover. That's all.
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

SKINNED BY Vanessa of SHINE and CAUTION

RP Lovers Shadowplay Topsites Unbound Topsites - A Video Game RP Listing Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

RPG-D RPG Initiative Avalon a Panfandom RP Sufficient Unto the Day face in the crowd UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Rise of the Believers Break the Wheel: a Season 7 GOT AU

SITE DISCORD